Kerry Emanuel - Conservatives for Climate Science
Posted: 26 July 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2011-04-11

I generally agree with Kerry, except on the Nuclear Power issue.  As long as we’re talking about the current generation of nuclear reactors, those should be shut down as quickly as possible and replaced by the newer thorium reactors which are capable of consuming existing nuclear waste instead of adding to it…. while being a lot safer and easier to ensure automatic shutdown in event of a natural or man-made disaster.  As Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster show, current nuclear power technology is just too dangerous even before we add in the danger of nuclear weapons proliferation.  True, disasters have been few and far between, but just that one Chernobyl disaster contributed greatly to the collapse of the USSR economy.  A similar scale disaster in the US could greatly speed the current slow motion collapse of US’ military and technical leadership role in the world… to the detriment of everyone on the planet.

It would be great if the Republican Party could be taken back by Conservatives like Kerry instead of being derailed by the American Taliban whose mantra seems to be, like its Afghan Islamist counterpart:  “Ignorance is a virtue”.  Perhaps then there could be some progress toward solutions of the many politically sidelined but nonetheless critical problems facing the US.

Signature 

Homeopaths don’t have brains, just skull water with the memory of brains - Robin Ince of The Infinite Monkey Cage podcast
The phrase “False Prophet” is redundant.  Cleanliness is next to… nothing.
I don’t have a God-shaped hole in my soul.  You have a Reason-shaped hole in your head!

Posted: 27 July 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-05

I really enjoyed the interview and the nice change of pace of who you were interviewing on the politcal spectrum(while still holding true to the podcast’s values). Thanks for the listening to your listeners. I really appreciated it.

Posted: 09 August 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

I was disappointed, Kerry’s convoluted answers had me more confused than educated.

But, right now just wanted to post the link since it seems to be missing from the above.
Kerry Emanuel - Conservative for Climate Science
July 23, 2012
Host: Chris Mooney
http://www.pointofinquiry.org/kerry_emanuel_conservative_for_climate_science/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear Chris Mooney,
I keep wondering why doesn’t anyone try describing our planet’s climate as a Heat Engine with its various components?

please see
Our Global Heat Engineā€¦  an essay wink
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/14031/

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?