2 of 2
Fax me that load of bread please
Posted: 01 August 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Occam. - 01 August 2012 04:23 PM

What the hell are “raw particles”?

And how do they change from one compound or even one element to another?

Stem particles?  LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 01 August 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  6041
Joined  2009-02-26
Occam. - 01 August 2012 04:23 PM

What the hell are “raw particles”?

And how do they change from one compound or even one element to another?

Occam

This is at a more fundamental scale than elemental. These are raw fundamental particles from which matter is formed.
Is this not where entanglement takes place?
These are raw free particles (perhaps in suspension) equal to the amount of particles in the original. When information of each particle is analyzed and recorded, an “entangled copy” is formed from the available raw particles.  Which in turn can be forwarded or returned, recreating the “original” at any location in the universe instantaneously.
The trick of course is to count the number of particles in a person. Wouldn’t wanna drop a few in the process… cheese

[ Edited: 01 August 2012 05:39 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 01 August 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I suppose some day we might be able to convert matter to its component strings then back to entirely different matter, but at present it’s really far out science fiction.  I think that the computers will have dispensed with organic life as an unnecessary contaminant well before they can manipulate strings.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 August 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  6041
Joined  2009-02-26
Occam. - 01 August 2012 05:50 PM

I suppose some day we might be able to convert matter to its component strings then back to entirely different matter, but at present it’s really far out science fiction.  I think that the computers will have dispensed with organic life as an unnecessary contaminant well before they can manipulate strings.  LOL

Occam

Unless we can “integrate” with the computers.  “Resistance is futile”.

I admit, that technology is far beyond our reach right now. But I saw a recent tv show about the possibilities of using “entanglement” in a productive way. If you can create a physical copy of an object “at a distance”, that would truly free us from bondage to the earth.
Just think of the ability to send water instantaneously to a planet millions of miles away.

http://gajitz.com/quantum-entanglement-suggests-time-travel-is-possible/

A final point to note is that if I had set up a space station midway between Earth and Pluto and arranged for it to be transmitting two entangled beams of photons, one directed back to Earth another out to me on Pluto, I could instantly communicate because now we could establish a correlation between two equal length light paths. This is another consequence of Observer entanglement which is very important in its own right. All previous experiments with sensing entanglement at remote locations showed that although the quantas properties were correlated, no information could be sent, as the correlation only showed random changes from quantum uncertainty. The implication of Dopfer’s experiment, if confirmed, are very profound. They will force us to re-evaluate our understanding of special relativity which is currently believed to set a strict speed limit on all communication. This shows that pure information can be transmitted faster than light, and it does so without violating special relativity.

http://www.paulfriedlander.com/text/timetravel/experiment.htm

[ Edited: 01 August 2012 10:59 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

2 of 2