2 of 6
Here’s a quick way of working out if you are a “Feminist”
Posted: 03 August 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24

I agree with feminist values in theory, but I couldn’t call myself a feminist.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 04 August 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14
mid atlantic - 03 August 2012 11:09 PM

Remember however, that Dworkin and her ilk are not held in much regard by most regular women; even other radical feminists were critical of her.  If anything, Dworkin’s activism was probably geared more towards Lesbian issues then anything else.

`
Bingo.

Actually, from the little I know of Dworkin’s work, it seems like it was probably geared more towards sexual abuse victims than anyone else.

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 04 August 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I dunno, I always find that women who seem to be the opposite of a feminist appear to be so much more powerful. Which makes me wonder: who are the real enemies of women? Is it men or the powerful women? Why are feminists usually so unattractive?

Posted: 04 August 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

And since I already said what I said (can’t believe I did), I’ll just keep going. Assuming I am correct to suspect that feminists helped to “distribute equality” for all women for the reasons I stated above, I am quickly reminded of men who oppose polygamy; and yes, men were always more inteterested than women in making polygamy illegal. Jealous of other men having more than one wife? Well, make it illegal and morally wrong.

Posted: 04 August 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
George - 04 August 2012 06:34 AM

Why are feminists usually so unattractive?

`
That’s like asking “why are sports usually so mind-numbingly boring?”

Taste is entirely subjective ;)

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 04 August 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
George - 04 August 2012 07:04 AM

I am correct to suspect that feminists helped to “distribute equality” for all women for the reasons I stated above, I am quickly reminded of men who oppose polygamy; and yes, men were always more inteterested than women in making polygamy illegal. Jealous of other men having more than one wife? Well, make it illegal and morally wrong.

`
Hmm, the former involves bringing more to others and the latter involves taking something away from others…...

Ok, I give up.  What point are you attempting to make with this?

(needless to say, I didn’t understand the ‘reasons’ you stated above either)

`

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I know enough women who would be more than happy to give up their right to vote for having the “right” not having to work full time, being away from their kids all day; we won’t hear from most of them on the Internet since they are busy taking care of their kids. And I know women who have no kids or maybe one, who are much more successful at their careers than being mothers. It were these women who felt being trapped in their houses, failing to build happy families and fighting instead for the freedom for vote.

Posted: 04 August 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Axegrrl - 04 August 2012 07:10 AM
George - 04 August 2012 06:34 AM

Why are feminists usually so unattractive?

`
That’s like asking “why are sports usually so mind-numbingly boring?”

Taste is entirely subjective wink

`

Female (or male) attractiveness is not as subjective as many people believe it to be. When shown photographs of women to men from different cultures, they pretty much agree who are the most attractive ones.

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
George - 04 August 2012 08:39 AM

I know enough women who would be more than happy to give up their right to vote for having the “right” not having to work full time…..

`
Guess what, you probably know just as many men who would as well :)

*gasp*

`

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
George - 04 August 2012 08:44 AM

Female (or male) attractiveness is not as subjective as many people believe it to be. When shown photographs of women to men from different cultures, they pretty much agree who are the most attractive ones.

`
Just because something might be largely biologically-informed and many/most “pretty much agree” still doesn’t mean it’s not subjective.

‘Not attractive’ is never any kind of ‘objective fact’.

`

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Axegrrl - 04 August 2012 09:01 AM

I know enough women who would be more than happy to give up their right to vote for having the “right” not having to work full time…..

`
Guess what, you probably know just as many men who would as well smile

*gasp*

`

Guess what: I don’t.

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2007-10-14

I know enough women who would be more than happy to give up their right to vote for having the “right” not having to work full time, being away from their kids all day; we won’t hear from most of them on the Internet since they are busy taking care of their kids. And I know women who have no kids or maybe one, who are much more successful at their careers than being mothers. It were these women who felt being trapped in their houses, failing to build happy families and fighting instead for the freedom for vote.

`
So, you’ve demonstrated, uh…...that there’s variety among women when it comes to what choices they make and how they feel about them.

Bravo!

`

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
George - 04 August 2012 09:05 AM

`
So, you’ve done an exhaustive survey consisting of every male you’ve ever met, have you? :)

`

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Axegrrl - 04 August 2012 09:04 AM
George - 04 August 2012 08:44 AM

`
Just because something might be largely biologically-informed and many/most “pretty much agree” still doesn’t mean it’s not subjective.

‘Not attractive’ is never any kind of ‘objective fact’.

`

It may be difficult to say if Mozart is better than Bach, but most people will agree that both are more pleasant to listen to than hearing somebody banging a stick against a metal pot. The same goes for taste in women. A blond may not be more attractive than a brunet, but they both are more desirable by men than a woman who is bold. Things get more complicated when the examples are less extreme, but the same rules still applies.

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Axegrrl - 04 August 2012 09:09 AM
George - 04 August 2012 09:05 AM

`
So, you’ve done an exhaustive survey consisting of every male you’ve ever met, have you? smile

`

Sure, why not? Human nature is my passion. I bring it up as often as I can even in my real life—that is, when the men I know are not busy talking about elections… grin

2 of 6

‹‹ Olympics      The internet alive ››