5 of 6
Here’s a quick way of working out if you are a “Feminist”
Posted: 05 August 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
George - 05 August 2012 05:56 AM

The other day somebody asked why a large portion of male artists are gay. Similarly, I find that a large portion of feminists are unattractive. I didn’t mean it as an insult. I thought we could ask any question we wanted to here…

That’s refreshing.  One less man trying to hit on me, while he’s thinking with the brain down south.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Axegrrl - 05 August 2012 04:21 AM

`
And to tie all of this together…....

what, exactly, does all of our blabbering about attractiveness have to do with the definiton of a ‘feminist’? smile

George should answer that, since he’s the one who led us down this tangential trail to begin with! smile

`

I agree.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

The other day somebody asked why a large portion of male artists are gay. Similarly, I find that a large portion of feminists are unattractive. I didn’t mean it as an insult. I thought we could ask any question we wanted to here…

I think it is a matter of taste and what a person prefers in another person, as a potential mate, George.  What you find unattractive, others may find attractive.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 05 August 2012 08:27 AM
Axegrrl - 05 August 2012 04:21 AM

`
And to tie all of this together…....

what, exactly, does all of our blabbering about attractiveness have to do with the definiton of a ‘feminist’? smile

George should answer that, since he’s the one who led us down this tangential trail to begin with! smile

`

Exactly! And the lack of ‘attractive feminists’ exists purely as a figment of these men’s overly active imagination.

I agree, asanta.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  4375
Joined  2007-08-31
Mriana - 05 August 2012 08:57 AM
GdB - 05 August 2012 04:49 AM

Are we here at Center for Prejudices?

I’m wondering the same thing, GdB.  This thread has taken a disgusting turn.

The word ‘feminism’ works like a red… no! purple! cloth on some of the males… This has become pub talk.

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Total Posts:  9281
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 05 August 2012 09:02 AM

I think it is a matter of taste and what a person prefers in another person, as a potential mate, George.  What you find unattractive, others may find attractive.

Again, if that were the case then I would not be able to do my job while hiring models. In fact, if you were right, anybody (or nobody) could be a model. Real life tells us this is not so. People who are 6’ tall and weigh 160 lbs are more attractive than people who are 5’ tall and weigh 230 lbs.

Sure, there are weirdos who find obese people attractive, but they are the exception. And then there are those who have to like the obese because that’s all they can afford.

[ Edited: 05 August 2012 09:18 AM by George ]

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
GdB - 05 August 2012 09:08 AM
Mriana - 05 August 2012 08:57 AM
GdB - 05 August 2012 04:49 AM

Are we here at Center for Prejudices?

I’m wondering the same thing, GdB.  This thread has taken a disgusting turn.

The word ‘feminism’ works like a red… no! purple! cloth on some of the males… This has become pub talk.

I agree.  I have a feeling that some men assume that if they flash enough money any woman would sleep with them.  The same men feel that money is power and power is good because they can control people, esp women, but in reality, that isn’t true and the men who want power are sometimes abusive, which is not a good thing.  When they get a reality check, they don’t like it and get angry and loose their temper.  They don’t like feminists because they can’t control them.  Sadly, some resort to pub talk too and when a woman finds it offensive, they probably don’t like that either.

The truth is, some women like brains over bronze or money.  I know I do.  I really hate it when some strange man hits on me while thinking with his brain down south, instead of talking intelligently to me.  I met one man, who owns the business next door to the one I work at and he started hitting on me.  His smiled and his teeth were filled with diamonds. GROSS!  He had so much bling on him that he was flashing his apparent wealth.  It was disgusting and not at all attractive to me.  What is worse, he was talking in a manner that he would sooner sleep with me than have a meal that involved intellectual conversation.  It was a BIG turn off to me.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
George - 05 August 2012 09:16 AM

Again, if that were the case then I would not be able to do my job while hiring models. In fact, if you were right, anybody (or nobody) could be a model. Real life tells us this is not so. People who are 6’ tall and weigh 160 lbs are more attractive than people who are 5’ tall and weigh 230 lbs.

Sure, there are weirdos who find obese people attractive, but they are the exception. And then there are those who have to like the obese because that’s all they can afford.

So a woman who is 4’ 11” and 100 lbs is not attractive because she’s so little?  George, most models are 6’ anorexics.  I seriously doubt everyone finds that attractive.  By the same token, I don’t like a lot of muscles.  Sure, I like men who are in shape, but I don’t like huge muscles.  Most male models are not attractive to me.  I also get hit on a LOT, mostly by men I find disgusting.  To me, it shows they have no brains.

It IS a matter of taste.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 05 August 2012 09:24 AM

So a woman who is 4’ 11” and 100 lbs is not attractive because she’s so little?  George, most models are 6’ anorexics.  I seriously doubt everyone finds that attractive.  By the same token, I don’t like a lot of muscles.  Sure, I like men who are in shape, but I don’t like huge muscles.  Most male models are not attractive to me.  I also get hit on a LOT, mostly by men I find disgusting.  To me, it shows they have no brains.

It IS a matter of taste.

Well, FWIW, as per your photo I think you’re very attractive. It’s not a compliment but a statement. I am entitled to make such a statement just like a comedian is entitled to decide what is funny. Again, if a comedian didn’t know what was funny, he wouldn’t make people laugh and quickly cease to be a comedian. Comedians know what is funny just like I know who is attractive. You are attractive.

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
George - 05 August 2012 09:36 AM

It IS a matter of taste.

Well, FWIW, as per your photo I think you’re very attractive. It’s not a compliment but a statement. I am entitled to make such a statement just like a comedian is entitled to decide what is funny. Again, if a comedian didn’t know what was funny, he wouldn’t make people laugh and quickly cease to be a comedian. Comedians know what is funny just like I know who is attractive. You are attractive.

Thank you.  I appreciate the statement.  BTW, I consider myself a feminist too, in that I believe women should be able to decide their own health care choices, including abortion, with input and information from her doctor, without interference from others.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 August 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Don’t thank the messenger. Thank the Big Bang.  grin

Posted: 05 August 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

LOL  Good one, George

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 August 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Total Posts:  2587
Joined  2011-04-24
Mriana - 05 August 2012 08:52 AM

Who’s life?  Mid Atlantic, your post just made me want to puke, because it assumes things about all women that are not true of all women.  For me, it matters more what is in a man’s skull, than what is between his legs.  I could care less about how big his penis is.  It doesn’t matter how much money he has either.  If he isn’t intelligent and does not use what is upstairs, than I’m not interested in him.

Whoa, you brought up penis size, that’s all on you.  I haven’t mentioned that once.  surprised

That could be construed as “telling”.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 05 August 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Joined  2011-04-24

It IS a matter of taste.

The fashion model world is about clothes, not women, and it is run by, and for gay men and straight women.

So it’s irrelevant to the discussion of what features men like in a woman.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Axegrrl - 05 August 2012 04:50 AM
mid atlantic - 05 August 2012 04:36 AM

Ugly men will get laid if they are rich.  Ugly women will not get laid if they are rich.  There is no equality.

`
The point you seem to have missed (again) is that ugly women don’t need to be rich because there’s always some guys out there who WILL fuck them regardless of their ‘attractiveness’.

This isn’t generally true for ugly guys.

An ugly man will never waste his time with an ugly women - even for money.

`
lol

You really need to get our more, mid smile  a sizeable chunk of the ‘ugly man’ population will happily ‘waste his time’ pursuing an ugly woman for sex, and sometimes, will be willing to pay for it.

If you believe otherwise, then you probably need a trip to a big city smile

`

Complete denial of reality.

You cannot accept that men and women want different things from sex, and go about getting those things differently.

Signature 

5 of 6

‹‹ Olympics      The internet alive ››