2 of 2
What is the American’s perception of Canada?
Posted: 14 August 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04
Scott Mayers - 14 August 2012 12:23 PM

Everybody varies here as anywhere else. I don’t like how our system is set up and its laws, like the constitution, etcetera, but the people are as good as anywhere else in the world, including the United States. I might fit some stereotypes of Canadians (my top half of my head sometimes seems to separate from the bottom half!), but don’t let me be a representative of a good Canadian. Here, I might appear arrogant, argumentative, and cynical. Most people here, as there, wouldn’t waste their time on a site like this unless we’re talking sex, drugs, or music.

I never met a Canadian that I didn’t like (that I know of).  They are often hard to distiguish from USA Americans. I even had a Canadian girlfriend for a while, earlier in life. Thanks for describing the social/political system.  I wouldn’t be too quick, if I were you, about wanting our system of government over yours, as ours has its own set of problems. 

Of course, however, I find it antithetical, as any USA American would, to have requisite loyalty (even if it is seemingly just nominally so) to a Monarch.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

2 of 2