The Republican Ticket’s Greatest Strength - Lying
Posted: 31 August 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2011-11-04
Bryan - 31 August 2012 12:55 AM
TimB - 30 August 2012 01:43 PM
dougsmith - 30 August 2012 04:10 AM

Wow, even Fox News—or at least a contributor on their website—says Ryan’s speech was “deceiving”.

What I fear is that this election is likely to be decided by the “independent” voters (IOW voters who pay the least attention).Those who pay little attention are easily deceived. But if even Fox News acknowledges the lies, perhaps there is hope.

You’re doing the independent voter an injustice… 

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/republicans_better_informed/

Right.  Note that I had “independents” in scare quotes.  I should have said undecided voters.  (Presumably most of the undecided voters are independents, but are amongst those independents who do not pay much attention to politics.)  The informed independents have probably already made up their minds.  I have considered myself an independent for most of my adult life.  It was only the arrogant idiocy of Bush (W), Cheney, and Rumsfeld that pushed me into becoming a hard core progressive.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 31 August 2012 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Write4U - 31 August 2012 01:50 AM

The single greatest corruptive power in this equation is the power of the very rich who complain the loudest. Seen the stockmarket lately? Ain’t too bad for big business, is it?

The DOW is around 13000, not 10000, as it was in 2009, when a certain Pew Survey was done (that suggested Reps were more politically informed than Dems, and particularly more informed as to Glenn Beck’s profession).

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 31 August 2012 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

The Republicans in congress have done their part since Obama’s inaugaration, to obstruct in every way possible to stymie the economy so as to reflect badly on Obama’s administration.  They refused every attempt at compromise, even that strongly in their favor, on a budget bill, with the result that the U.S. credit rating is downgraded.  Republican Governers have done their part by massive cuts to social programs, cutting public service jobs so that the unemployment level could not dip below 8%.

Only wall street investors have not done their part in further demolishing the economy.  Fortunately wall street investors care more about making money than they care about Republicans taking control of the White House.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  6166
Joined  2009-02-26
TimB - 31 August 2012 03:09 AM

The Republicans in congress have done their part since Obama’s inaugaration, to obstruct in every way possible to stymie the economy so as to reflect badly on Obama’s administration.  They refused every attempt at compromise, even that strongly in their favor, on a budget bill, with the result that the U.S. credit rating is downgraded.  Republican Governers have done their part by massive cuts to social programs, cutting public service jobs so that the unemployment level could not dip below 8%.

Only wall street investors have not done their part in further demolishing the economy.  Fortunately wall street investors care more about making money than they care about Republicans taking control of the White House.

I was not talking about the investors. I was more addressing the Companies themselves. Remember Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission.  IMO that was the final step and the beginning of autocracy here in the US.

If a corporation claims personhood, then government can claim personhood. I have no clue what this comparison means but there seems to be a strange twist somewhere in this relationship.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

AR-708319851.jpg&ExactW=380

Ain’t that America something to see.

Yesterday I was talking to a self-described “reformed real-estate lawyer come developer”  Texas lowlander, never built in the mountains but feels cock sure he can build a village at ten thousand feet and make it a financial success.  Nicest guy in the world, but his two hundred dollar, shotgun shell base encrusted custom belt said volumes more than his words and smile did.  wink 

Don’t get me wrong he’s a wonderful straight shooter and tells me like it is {we have met before and are on civil terms with each other}: “You believe what you believe, I believe what I believe and we will never convince each other.”

Ask him about how impacts of Global Warming will turn his “Village” into a disaster and his eyes glaze over and “none of us can predict the future” comes out of his mouth.

This while the freak’n forest he wants to build in, is dying in front of our eyes (If you’ve ever driven over Wolf Creek Pass, Colorado, US Route 160 before 2010 - driving over it today will shock’n awe and terrify.  Literally, mountain sides worth of forests are filling in with dead and dying Spruce.  It’s no longer the future… it has arrived   downer )

Yet, the developer has no worries about water because they intend to build water storage for two years, while ignoring that annual precipitation isn’t keeping up with present needs… not to mention the project’s “junior” water rights.

“You believe what you believe, I’ll believe what I believe. None of us can predict the future”

But he is predicting that dead and burning forests and drought are not going to happen, even though they are freak’n happening right in front of us….  Not going to impact “unit sales” ... and the forest fire storms that are going to happen?

And this is the “hope” our politicians and the local economically desperate people are holding out for “economic growth.”  What happens when a people get totally decoupled from down to earth nut’z'n bolts.

Just like China with their ghost cities

But I guess good’ol neoRepublican faith will color all. 
You believe what you believe, we’ll believe what we believe… even if it has no connection to the reality back here Down On Earth

[edited for some wordsmithing]

[ Edited: 31 August 2012 07:19 AM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Oh almost forgot, I might as well toss in a plug.  cheese
I thought I was done, but now the articles and letters to papers, so we gonna stay on this horse a while longer.

NO-VillageAtWolfCreek.blogspot.com

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

oh lordie, lordie to bring this smack back On Point

Create an outlandish myth and then adopt and believe it with the tenacity of a bull dog.

Movie Audiences Find Anti-Obama Doc ‘2016’

Although “2016” has obviously found fans, most critics haven’t been kind to the film. Newsday’s Rafer Guzman called it an “attempt at character assassination.” The Arizona Republic’s Bill Goodykoontz deemed it “an exercise in preaching to the choir.” The Los Angeles Times’ Betsy Sharkey lambasted “2016” for being a “sluggish film” whose “outrage falls flat.”
{...}
Many of the assertions D’Souza makes in the film to support his point that Obama’s presidency is an expression of his father’s third-world political beliefs don’t hold up, including that Obama removed a bust of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill from the Oval Office because Churchill represented British colonialism and that Obama has “done nothing” to impede Iran’s nuclear ambitions. And there are other instances where the film takes liberties with the facts.

Signature 

Posted: 04 September 2012 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Paul Ryan has become so brazen with his lying, I guess he thinks he can get away with it, non-stop.

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/02/paul_ryans_marathon_lie/

He wants us to think he is such a jock, but Sarah Palin has run a faster marathon than Ryan’s true time.

He may not win any running marathons, but if there is a lying marathon, he should be considered a favorite.

Signature 

5 of 5