Take evolution out of the ACT test
Posted: 18 August 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3057
Joined  2011-08-15

Three state legislatures are now fighting to have the ACT (American College Test) altered to Eliminate questions concerning evolution and include creationism as a “theory” despite the Supreme Court ruling against it. Louisiana, Tennessee (big surprise here) and now Kentucky are petitioning to have a test created for students in their respective states that would have no mention of Darwinian evolution. In fact, says one Kentucky legislator, Darwin was wrong! Hmm, if Darwin was wrong, then who’s right? God of course.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/08/kentucky-lawmakers-shocked-to-find-evolutoin-in-biology-tests/

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2010-06-16

Geez, I can’t wait until genetic modifications become well enough understood and easy enough that people start having their modified for higher intelligence.

Ugh, that probably won’t work because states like Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee will legislate that only the modification for greater acceptance of authority be allowed.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 August 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Ugh, that probably won’t work because states like Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee will legislate that only the modification for greater acceptance of authority be allowed.

They’re already working diligently on that Occam; it’s called vouchers and homeschooling. Programming kids into be
Believing that the Louch Ness monster proves that Dino’s lived with man. That Darwin, what a trickster with his scientific jargon and stuff. The dumbing down of America allows for a greater acceptance of authority so, no evolutionary theories in our schools! While the rest of the World just shakes their skeptical heads. that’s BTW why many institutions of higher learning have remedial courses in place.

I agree that that’s disgusting, but I was talking about the even worse scenario of genetically turning people into believers.

Occam

[ Edited: 18 August 2012 01:08 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 August 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I agree that that’s disgusting, but I was talking about the even worse scenario of genetically turning people into believers.

Yeah, but why bother when you already have the tools to simply brainwash the kids by tying all learning to the floppy book? It’s a lot simpler and you don’t need that elitist genetic thing that most people don’t bother to understand. It’s easier to say “god wants you to think this way, so trust and obey (from the song of the same title for you born heathens out there) for there’s no other way”.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 August 2012 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22

Maybe we should remind them that they also need to abolish germ theory from the ACT, too, and reincorporate the time-valued tradition of blood-letting to rid the body of demons.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 19 August 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Absolutely! We could create more jobs by bringing back the barber-surgeons. Then, why not revert back to alchemy and change lead into gold and sell indulgences? Romney should be all over this as soon as he worms his way out of the income tax issue.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Hence the slogan of the Humanist Forum of Central Kentucky: “A state of reason in an unreasonable state.”  wink

We’re trying, folks.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  685
Joined  2012-04-25

To me the proof that these folks are imbeciles is that they never seem to consider the possibility that god thinks of Evolution as her greatest achievement.  What if by pushing for creationism (parlor tricks) they’re actually pissing god off? That never seems to occur to them.

Posted: 20 August 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Hence the slogan of the Humanist Forum of Central Kentucky: “A state of reason in an unreasonable state.” 

We’re trying, folks.

Here here! A very impressive site BTW. I hope they can peel the students’ fingers off the bible and hand them a biology text INCLUDING Darwin. Hey, that’s where I first became skeptic. Smith Hall, where John T. Scopes last spoke, well in the ballroom.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2007-10-22
Thevillageatheist - 18 August 2012 05:01 AM

Three state legislatures are now fighting to have the ACT (American College Test) altered to Eliminate questions concerning evolution and include creationism as a “theory” despite the Supreme Court ruling against it. Louisiana, Tennessee (big surprise here) and now Kentucky are petitioning to have a test created for students in their respective states that would have no mention of Darwinian evolution. In fact, says one Kentucky legislator, Darwin was wrong! Hmm, if Darwin was wrong, then who’s right? God of course.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/08/kentucky-lawmakers-shocked-to-find-evolutoin-in-biology-tests/

Cap’t Jack

These actions are unAmerican.  I think they may be being promoted by foriegn spies trying to undermine our countries strength in science and reason so they can take us over. 

Beware the traitors pretending to be red-necks.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.