This Is Funny
Posted: 20 August 2012 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2698
Joined  2011-04-24

Check this out http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/kw/stars-far-away

The ten year old kid who asked the question is a “natural” critical thinker!

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Good Zeus Almighty! That kids question showed a lot more intelligence than the idiotic reply. So not only did god speak the stars into existence, he also spoke the photons emanating from them into existence all along the way between the stars and the earth. Beautiful.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3198
Joined  2011-08-15

Now don’t forget, Jean-Luc the only reason that he made the stars was to impress us with his majesty. That is, after he made us and then the women out of our ribs. We now can stare with wonder at the heavens and invent pictures of animals and people…. Uh, no that’s not right, I mean declare the glory of Zeus, oops ah, he who should not be named, so we’ll just use a bunch of letters that represent his name. Now do you understand Johnny? I’ll bet that’s as clear as mud! So if a star is 1million light years away it means it’s not as far as it sounds. Ha! Who needs science?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 22 August 2012 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4840
Joined  2007-10-05

I’m thinking of signing in, posing as a 10-year-old and asking “If the Earth is only 6,000 years old why did God create all the fossils? Why bother?”

I asked this question back in my half semester at seminary and was told Satan created the fossils to confuse us. Satan had dominion over Earth, given to him by God. When I asked about light from distant galaxies the seminary teachers were not amused. They had just painted themselves into a corner with the fossil answer, and their explanation of God creating all those photons led to the logical conclusion that God was trying to confuse us. I think they hemmed and hawed something about God testing our faith.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 22 August 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

And I would ask Ken Ham how come he looks so much like an ape.

‹‹ "Perception"      Restoration attempt ››