2 of 4
Is there under the ocean waves?
Posted: 25 August 2012 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6166
Joined  2009-02-26

Well, I consider myself sane and what you just wrote makes absolutely no sense. You have made a lot of claims, but not a single shred of evidence.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 25 August 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2011-08-15

Sony, this is not a case of sanity, it is a case of science (ie emperical knowledge) vs. religious dogma. You mentioned that man couldn’t write but we know that writing began over four thousand years BEFORE the Koran was written and yes people could write. We also know that the Muslims, after spreading throughout the middle east encountered and absorbed the cultures of other peoples and adapted their learning for themselves. As to the Koran, it was essentially written prior to this movement and borrowed heavily from xtian writings. Mohammad himself was a trader and came in contact with Jews, xtians, possibly Zoarastrians and of course his own polytheistic tribe. So, my point is that you are attempting to interpret your holy book by infusing science into it, like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole if you get the allusion. Ex, talking about waves under waves doesn’t mean that Mohammad’s followers knew this scientific fact ( discovered BTW in the mid19th Century). This was speculation on their part kind of like referring to hell as having layers. I know this might not make sense to someone who’s mind is locked in a religious strait jacket but if you seek the truth as you say you do then test it by looking at scientific facts and stop trying to fit them into “religious truth”. My point may be lost on you but I’m saying all knowledge doesn’t come from one cobbled together book of sayings. Same for xtians who read their book much less than you do but believe everything that their exorters say about it. So, a warning and a challenge, put down the Koran and pick up a science book, or several and read with an eye for scientific knowledge, only. Your people will be a lot better off in the long run and so will ours.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 25 August 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22
sony - 22 August 2012 04:48 AM

Allah Almighty says “ ((40) Or [they are] like darknesses within an unfathomable sea which is covered by waves, upon which are waves, over which are clouds - darknesses, some of them upon others. When one puts out his hand [therein], he can hardly see it. And he to whom Allah has not granted light - for him there is no light

To what subject is this line referring to? Who is ‘they’? To me, this sounds not like a scientific description, but a set of metaphors describing someone mentioned earlier in the verse.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 25 August 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  3330
Joined  2011-11-04
TromboneAndrew - 25 August 2012 09:46 AM

Allah Almighty says “ ((40) Or [they are] like darknesses within an unfathomable sea which is covered by waves, upon which are waves, over which are clouds - darknesses, some of them upon others. When one puts out his hand [therein], he can hardly see it. And he to whom Allah has not granted light - for him there is no light

To what subject is this line referring to? Who is ‘they’? To me, this sounds not like a scientific description, but a set of metaphors describing someone mentioned earlier in the verse.

I think “they” refers to non-believers, infidels, atheists, anyone not with the program of submitting to Allah. IOW, if you don’t want to be like darkness in the deepest pits of the oceans, submit and become a Muslim.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 26 August 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-08-18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J-9dn3_hpY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZneNRzV90

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03

The holy Qur’an referred to a new scientific discovery that is in the deep of oceans there are waves and dark, let us read …

Scientists discovered that in the deep of oceans there are deep waves which are different from surface waves…....

This is not a recent disccovery.

You can make this yourself by putting water and turpentine and olive oil into a jar. They make 3 layers, and if you move the jar you can see waves at each interface.
The Govt spends a lot of money to interpret the signature on the surface of the ocean of these “internal waves”—if fact they are not hidden. 

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-08-18

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Had never seen the sea did not dive into the depths
How knew the Prophet
That

This
Inspiration from God

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
sony - 27 August 2012 04:37 AM

How knew the Prophet
That

This
Inspiration from God

Prophet knew that not. About something else prophet talked.

Posted: 27 August 2012 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2011-08-15

George, peace be upon him, sounds mysteriously like the prophet Yoda.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 August 2012 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 27 August 2012 05:12 AM

George, peace be upon him, sounds mysteriously like the prophet Yoda.

Cap’t Jack

or the prophet Tonto, hi ho Silver be upon him.

[ Edited: 27 August 2012 05:56 AM by TimB ]
 Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 27 August 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Or a philosopher am I, by the name of Friedrich known.

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
sony - 27 August 2012 04:37 AM

How knew the Prophet
That

This
Inspiration from God

His destiny was to be eternally misquoted.

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

Damn, if only god could read and write in english, then we could get it from the horse’s mouth. But it seems he speaks in a dialect that only Theists can understand and must translate for us sheep….....so sad…...... downer

Seems simple, a stone tablet will do. He did it before!!!

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

Why do Muslims always bestow peace on Muhammad, while bestowing hatred on the rest of us uninitiated? Is that not one of the commands of Muhammad?

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 27 August 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Write4U - 27 August 2012 04:53 PM

Damn, if only god could read and write in english, then we could get it from the horse’s mouth. But it seems he speaks in a dialect that only Theists can understand and must translate for us sheep….....so sad…...... downer

Seems simple, a stone tablet will do. He did it before!!!

One of Allah’s 99 names must not be Great Communicator.

Signature 

2 of 4