3 of 3
Nut job judge in Texas
Posted: 28 August 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3205
Joined  2011-11-04

You seem to be preaching to the choir, Jack.  And it seems our choir’s singing will be drowned out by money (aka, free speech).  But that doesn’t mean that we should quit singing or that you should quit preaching.

“I shall never surrender or retreat.”  William Barrett Travis, Commander of the Alamo

[ Edited: 28 August 2012 12:56 PM by TimB ]
 Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 28 August 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Quoting TimB:

“I shall never surrender or retreat.”  William Barrett Travis, Commander of the Alamo

I hope our free speech doesn’t go the way of Commander Barrett. (Killed at the Alamo at the age of 26)

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 28 August 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Occam. - 28 August 2012 02:05 PM

Quoting TimB:

I hope our free speech doesn’t go the way of Commander Barrett. (Killed at the Alamo at the age of 26)

Occam

Travis lost the battle, but the Texicans won the war.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 28 August 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  3213
Joined  2011-08-15

Occam. - 28 August 2012 02:05 PM
Quoting TimB:

Occam

Travis lost the battle, but the Texicans won the war.

“Remember the Alamo!” General Sam Houston before the battle of San Jacinto, defeating General Santa Anna’s advance force in 15 minutes. Well put Tim and I plan to do the same, from Nixon, to Reagan, to Bush, to Bush Jr. and now we face Romney’s crew. It’s time to herd the cats. Ok, convince them that it’s in their best interests to vote for Obama. Freethinkers are so, so skeptical, geesh!

Cap’t Jack

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

The politicians on the right-wing…

Dr. Bill Fisk make a political circus out of poor Terri Shivo and family in FL.

Judge Roy Moore is disgraced and removed from the bench for mixing church and state.

Litigators Fred Phelps and family protest gays in the military by verbally attacking military funerals.

Dr. Miller is murdered most brutally for performing abortions.

The Tea Party pledges against cooperation in Congress, against helping anyone but the rich, against science, claiming that the Boston Tea Party was a protest against taxes when every school child knows that it was against “Taxation without representation”, so the wanted to begin representation, not end taxation.

The GOP Propaganda Network fans the flames of anger and hate in the Republican voters daily, falsely making the Clintons out to be murders, falsely making Climate Science out to be the biggest hoax that has ever been, falsely making the Affordable Care Act to be Obamacare that destroys US health care with death committees (a plan modeled after Mitt Romney’s plan in MA, a right-wing plan supporting the Insurance Industry, rather than the left-wing single payer plan), undermines Evolution science in schools with Creationism/Intelligent Design, falsely claiming that voucher schools are intended to fix the schools rather than to destroy the existing public schools, falsely claims that the ordinary press is biased to the left for the purpose of validating their biased propaganda, and at this point has nearly divorced themselves from the facts of the world… and all this to get-out-the-vote for their politicians.

The second President George W. Bush uses the 9/11/2001 attacks to invade Al-Quida in Afghanistan, and also to invade Iraq to “get some payback for [Saddam’s] attack against his daddy”, ignoring a million protestors worldwide who could see it was a horrible idea with no connection to 9/11, nor any “massive stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction”.

Now a judge calls for civil war falsely speculating that Obama wants to give anything to the UN… why is that not treason?  This is much like when in 1861 the Southern politicians claimed that Lincoln was an abolishionist and began a war over that false claim.  (Lincoln didn’t support the Abolishionists until January 1863 after years of the USA’s most bloody war, actually.)

There is a real pattern here people.

I think that NJ Governor Chris Christy said it best, “A New Jersey Republican delivering the keynote address to our national convention, from a state with 700,000 more Democrats than Republicans.”

Finally, there is Obama… I wonder is he further to the right than Romney?

[ Edited: 30 August 2012 08:44 AM by jump_in_the_pit ]
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 29 August 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Anyone who holds any stance long enough will be both to the right and left of Romney.

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  3213
Joined  2011-08-15

Ok Jump, I yield the podium to you and step back in the choir! I did mention earlier that the teabaggers and their fellow travelers were attempting to rewrite U.S. History and feed it to the kids in the voucher schools along with a heaping helping of creationism BS in order to turn them into bobble head neocons. The tax issue is but one of the twisted pseudo-historical references used by the cons to befuddle innocent minds.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 30 August 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20
Thevillageatheist - 29 August 2012 05:56 PM

Ok Jump, I yield the podium to you and step back in the choir! I did mention earlier that the teabaggers and their fellow travelers were attempting to rewrite U.S. History and feed it to the kids in the voucher schools along with a heaping helping of creationism BS in order to turn them into bobble head neocons. The tax issue is but one of the twisted pseudo-historical references used by the cons to befuddle innocent minds.

Cap’t Jack

Well then I follow in your good footsteps there Cap’t.  smile  I was just assembling a line of thought, a path through recent Republican history.  I am so glad that the extremists switched from teabagging (the gay term) over to Tea Party thank god.  smile

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

3 of 3