Texas judge warns of civil war if Obama is re-elected
Posted: 24 August 2012 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4297
Joined  2010-08-15

Oh lordie, just when I think neoRepublicans can’t get any crazier - they come up with something like this   grrr

Texas judge warns of civil war if Obama is re-elected

By Josh Levs, CNN
updated 10:05 AM EDT, Thu August 23, 2012

(CNN)—An elected county judge in Texas is warning that the nation could descend into civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected, and is calling for a trained, well-equipped force to battle the United Nations troops he says Obama would bring in.

The comments by Lubbock County Judge Tom Head, who oversees emergency planning efforts, were broadcast by CNN affiliate KJTV. He made similar remarks on radio station FOX Talk 950.

Saying that as the county’s emergency management coordinator he has to “think about the very worst thing that can happen and prepare for that and hope and pray for the best,” Head told radio host Jeff Klotzman that he believes “in this political climate and financial climate, what is the very worst thing that could happen right now? Obama gets back in the White House. No. God forbid.”

Referring to unexplained “executive orders” and other documents that Obama and “his minions have filed,” Head said, “regardless of whether the Republicans take over the Senate, which I hope they do, he is going to make the United States Congress and he’s going to make the Constitution irrelevant. He’s got his czars in place that don’t answer to anybody.”

Obama, Head said, will “try to give the sovereignty of the United States away to the United Nations. What do you think the public’s going to do when that happens? We are talking civil unrest, civil disobedience, possibly, possibly civil war ... I’m not talking just talking riots here and there. I’m talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms, get rid of the dictator.
{...}

So you think it’s just some crazy Texican?

Romney Gives Not-So-Subtle Nod To United Nations Conspiracy Theories

Quote by Mitt Romney in July:

“Turning to the United Nations to tell us how to raise our kids, or whether we can have the Second Amendment rights that our Constitution gave us, I mean these, that is the wrong way to go, all right. Do not cede sovereignty, I’m happy to talk to people there, I’m not willing to give American sovereignty in any way shape or form to the United Nations or any other body, we are a free nation, we fought for freedom and independence, we’re going to keep freedom and independence.”

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 24 August 2012 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2006-11-27

I once read that most of the southern states receive more money from the federal government than they pay in, basically, that the ruggedly individualistic, conservative south is supported by effete northern tax and spend liberals.  If this is still true, why bother with a civil war, why not just let them secede?  smile  I suppose though that it’s probably better to try to maintain influence and to support the people in the south.  After all, who would choose to live next to poverty stricken, racist, sexist, ignorant neighbors if it were possible to help them achieve a higher standard of living and a more decent and humane life?  Only a bleeding heart liberal would be foolish enough to spend hard won resources on such undeserving wretches, I guess….

Signature 

If we’re not laughing, they’re winning.

Posted: 24 August 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14
Jeciron - 24 August 2012 02:55 AM

I once read that most of the southern states receive more money from the federal government than they pay in, basically, that the ruggedly individualistic, conservative south is supported by effete northern tax and spend liberals.  If this is still true, why bother with a civil war, why not just let them secede?  :)

`
Hmm, sounds like Texas is kinda like the Quebec of the U.S. :)

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 24 August 2012 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3071
Joined  2011-11-04

It is not completely true that Texas routinely recieves more federal $$ than it pays in:

“...On an annual basis between 1981 and 2003, Texas almost always paid more in federal taxes than it got back from Uncle Sam. But since 2003 the reverse has been true, with Texas receiving more than it paid in five out of seven years…”

http://www.politifact.com/texas/.../rachel-maddow/msnbc-host-rachel-madd.

A twisted irony is that the federal $$ received in recent years in Texas helped keep the economy humming along, which I believe was instrumental in Rick Perry winning his most recent gubenatorial election.  Perry mouthed off about how he would refuse federal funding, but he did not, at least not until he got re-elected.  Since his re-election he has drastically cut social services funding, here.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.