‘Real Romney’ Authors Dissect His Latest Campaign
Posted: 28 August 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

Any one here a Fresh Air fan?

‘Real Romney’ Authors Dissect His Latest Campaign
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/28/160173451/real-romney-authors-dissect-his-latest-campaign

August 28, 2012

In The Real Romney, Boston Globe reporters Michael Kranish and Scott Helman examined Mitt Romney’s political rise since 1994, when he first ran for the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts. They discovered Romney has shifted from supporting abortion rights to heavily courting social conservatives

A pretty good interview.  wink

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 29 August 2012 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2887
Joined  2011-08-15

Yep, I listen to NPR daily and like the fresh air program for news and views. The Dem. press should be all over Romney’s flip-flopping especially on the hot button issues like abortion and gay rights. It would certainly leave the far right scratching their heads! Also the fact that his father was painted as being an outsider born in Mex. WWDTD?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04

The “real Romney” appears to me to be simply someone who seeks power for the sake of having power.  I don’t think thst he has any core anchoring belief system, or if he does he has not shown it.  Perhaps he has core religious belefs, but he wants that off limits.  His experience with Bain capital is the main thing anyone points to as qualifying him to be President. But he doesn’t want that closely examined.  His biggest accomplishment as a Governor was RomneyCare.  He wants to distance himself from that.  He seeks the power to effect how all Americans will be taxed in the future, but won’t divulge his own tax records.  He is for an issue one day and against it another, according to the prevailing political winds.

As far as I can tell he is a man without firmness or resolve (except to do/say whatever it takes to gain power). And he is a man who lacks the capacity to effectively relate to anyone who is not like himself.

[ Edited: 29 August 2012 01:54 PM by TimB ]
 Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.