Hello, Bay Area and beyond
Posted: 30 August 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-30

My name is Tim and I live in Concord California. Concord is in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am a graduate of the Humanist Institute and Starr King School for the Ministry, the Unitarian-Universalist seminary. I have spent a great deal of time reading about Humanism and want to become active in the humanist community. Do you have any ideas how this can be done? I have offered to volunteer for the AHA and they suggested this organization. I would love to meet fellow humanists but, Nashville is about the last place I want to visit.
I have spent the last twenty years working for the State of California as a Clinical Social Worker. I do individual and group therapy within the State system. I also worked as a Humanist Chaplain in the Kaiser Hospice program. I am widowed and have a ten year old son with autism. I look forward to talking to folks!

Posted: 30 August 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6046
Joined  2009-02-26

Welcome Tsheater,
Looking forward to your posts.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  776
Joined  2009-07-17

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forums!

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Hi Tim, Welcome.  You may want to go to the Center For Inquiry website and see what local groups they list.  I live in the Los Angeles area and they have a building in Hollywood where they have many meetings and groups.  A number of our members live within, say, 50 miles of the Bay Area so some of them may be able to give you some leads.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

‹‹ Hi Everyone!      Hello from England ››