1 of 4
Clint Eastwood’s gestalt empty chair work
Posted: 31 August 2012 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04

Clint Eastwood took the 2012 GOP convention from opposite world (where hard truths are actually easy lies) to a Saturday Night Live reject skit.  Still he showed his skill at making something entertaining out of things that are tragic.

In his gestalt work with the empty chair, he revealed that his inner conception of Prsident Obama is that of a nice but sadly ineffectual guy, who has nothing better to say than “Shut up.” and “Go fuck yourself.”

Ironically in gestalt work, one’s projection of the character in the empty chair is a projection of a part of one’s self.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 31 August 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Do you think that perhaps Eastwood was Obama’s mole? A secret weapon for the Dems?  tongue wink

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2012-04-25

A few of the things I heard he said almost make me think he was actually slamming Dems and Repubs alike.  Like the comment about Pols being OUR employees. Clint just seems like too sharp a guy to not realize how ludicrous both parties have become.

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

What you guys talking about?

got a link?

red face

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17

I haven’t watched it yet myself…

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2012/08/30/us/politics/100000001752472/clint-eastwoods-rnc-speech.html

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 31 August 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
asanta - 31 August 2012 09:54 AM

Do you think that perhaps Eastwood was Obama’s mole? A secret weapon for the Dems?  tongue wink

I know you’re kidding, but I wish that was the case.  I’ve always enjoyed Clint Eastwood movies (most of the ones he acted in and ones that he produced/directed, also). I don’t like seeing him debased like that.  But, it seems that he brought it on himself.

The Repugs just made a mistake.  They should have shown a propaganda video about what a “real human being” Romney is, in that time slot.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 31 August 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2886
Joined  2011-08-15

I could not believe I was watching one of my favorite actors actually imploding on stage. It’s like watching a family member with dementia attempting to make conversation. I just kept thinking poor Clint, you sound like Charleton Heston holding up a long rifle and shouting “from my cold dead fingers” at an NRA rally. Even the reps. were embarrassed at his rambling diatribe to an empty chair. If they were trying to make a point it was lost on the tv audience anyway. The ditto heads in the auditorium would have applauded even if Romney had dressed in a clown suit and sung America the beautiful in Swahili. Man, I hope the dems. Don’t try this lame trick. We need a powerhouse speaker to open the convention; some young Kennedyesque politician speaking to the real issues.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 31 August 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 31 August 2012 12:12 PM

.... We need a powerhouse speaker to open the convention; some young Kennedyesque politician speaking to the real issues.

Cap’t Jack

That would be nice. But it seems to me that great political orators are a thing of the past. Such as Churchill, JFK, RFK, MLK Jr…

The closest we seem to have today is Obama himself.  Clinton (Bill) would do a credible job of it. But I don’t think they would have him open the convention.  It will be interesting to see how they work things.  Whatever they do, I think it will make the Repug Convention look like crap in comparison.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17
TimB - 31 August 2012 12:44 PM

.... We need a powerhouse speaker to open the convention; some young Kennedyesque politician speaking to the real issues.

Cap’t Jack

That would be nice. But it seems to me that great political orators are a thing of the past. Such as Churchill, JFK, RFK, MLK Jr…

The closest we seem to have today is Obama himself.  Clinton (Bill) would do a credible job of it. But I don’t think they would have him open the convention.  It will be interesting to see how they work things.  Whatever they do, I think it will make the Repug Convention look like crap in comparison.

I wonder if Stephen Colbert is available?

LOL

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 31 August 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

I could not believe I was watching one of my favorite actors actually imploding on stage. It’s like watching a family member with dementia attempting to make conversation. I just kept thinking poor Clint, you sound like Charleton Heston holding up a long rifle and shouting “from my cold dead fingers” at an NRA rally. Even the reps. were embarrassed at his rambling diatribe to an empty chair. If they were trying to make a point it was lost on the tv audience anyway. The ditto heads in the auditorium would have applauded even if Romney had dressed in a clown suit and sung America the beautiful in Swahili. Man, I hope the dems. Don’t try this lame trick. We need a powerhouse speaker to open the convention; some young Kennedyesque politician speaking to the real issues.

Cap’t Jack

If the Dems could get the actual Romney to sit in a chair and ask him questions about issues.  This would essentially be the same as talking to an empty chair.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

Now I’m really depressed.  Here I am, just 3.5 weeks away from turning 82, and if I use the example of a well known actor, what do I have to look forward to—dementia.  tongue rolleye

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 31 August 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Now I’m really depressed.  Here I am, just 3.5 weeks away from turning 82, and if I use the example of a well known actor, what do I have to look forward to—dementia.  

Occam

I rather doubt that Occam. You have a mind sharper than a lot of teenagers and post teens I have known. You depression kids are like the energizer bunny, ya just keep going.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 31 August 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Occam. - 31 August 2012 06:27 PM

Now I’m really depressed.  Here I am, just 3.5 weeks away from turning 82, and if I use the example of a well known actor, what do I have to look forward to—dementia.  tongue rolleye

Occam

Look at the bright side.  You’ll never be lonely as long as you have at least one empty chair.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

Hey, I can change the imaginary person, Romney one day, Limbaugh another, one of the Supreme Court justices, etc.  Boy, will I get great practice with all those words I can’t use in polite company.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 September 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

This is what happens when celebrities are asked their opinions.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

This is what happens when celebrities are asked their opinions.

Yeah Mike, I agree somewhat and it totally depends on which one you ask. Some activists for a specific cause, that Baldwin guy comes to mind but then you have Snooki. Jason Alexander seemed to know his subject on Bill Maher last night and presented some valid arguments about the rep convention and celebrities in general but most are too busy making movies and appearing on ads to care.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

1 of 4