4 of 4
Clint Eastwood’s gestalt empty chair work
Posted: 07 September 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3156
Joined  2011-08-15

I’ve always been a fan of most of his movies. I particularly liked Unforgiven, Where Eagles Dare, and Pale Rider. (He was also in Paint Your Wagon.

Been a big fan of Eastwood since his Wagontrain days. His spaghetti westerns are my all time favorites and the movie Paint Your Wagon is is another favorite of mine but not because of Eastwood’s singing! OMG it was horrible. My all time favorite line from the movie is when the preacher falls into the tunnel. “Howdy parson, welcome to hell”! Parson replies, “well I’ll be goddamned”?! I unfairly compared his empty chair speech to the young Eastwood. He is after all over 80. I was blindsided by his conservatism though and unfortunately he’ll be remembered for this fiasco. Not a good idea rep. Planners! The man with no name blew it big time.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
Occam. - 07 September 2012 04:38 PM

I’ve enjoyed his movies, but I WON’T be seeing his latest one.

Occam

Neither will I, but I imagine he will have plenty of right wingers line up to take our place.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
TimB - 07 September 2012 05:50 PM

Occam

Neither will I, but I imagine he will have plenty of right wingers line up to take our place.

It was pretty much a setup for disaster. He admitted he was not accustomed to giving speeches, even when he was mayor of Carmel. He came without anything written other than 3 talking points they wanted him to hit and the chair was a last minute addition; people kept asking him if he wanted something to sit on and he went from being annoyed to being convinced it would be a great prop. It’d be a surprise if they ever invite anyone else to speak without vetting the speech beforehand.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 September 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Occam

Oh yeah? Well, I just bought the soundtrack to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for my iPhone. The funny thing is, I only realized after I had bought what initiated it.

Posted: 09 September 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
George - 08 September 2012 04:55 PM

Occam

Oh yeah? Well, I just bought the soundtrack to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for my iPhone. The funny thing is, I only realized after I had bought what initiated it.

You have to admit that The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is a classic, even if good Clint has become a doddering spokesperson, for the bad and the ugly Empty Chair Party, in his old age.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 09 September 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  3156
Joined  2011-08-15

You have to admit that The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is a classic, even if good Clint has become a doddering spokesperson, for the bad and the ugly Empty Chair Party, in his old age.

It was a good movie despite the over abundance of historical inaccuracies, but it was made in 1966 after all. Lee Van Cleef was a great foil for Eastwood. The poor guy even looks like a movie villian! The music made the movie IMO and has become a cliche sound. Yeah, I really hate to see him go out with this scene; instead of guns blazing, he mutters to a chair. Sad.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

4 of 4