CFI San Francisco Introductions
Posted: 12 December 2006 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4095
Joined  2006-11-28

I am a CFI member in the Bay Area, and I just wondered who else is out there. Any activity in the SF Community yet?

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 15 December 2006 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2002-09-09

upcoming San Fran info

Hi,

There’s going to be an e-mail sent out early next week to the SF contact list (which you’re on) about upcoming events.

Debbie

Posted: 07 February 2007 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-07

Just got on the forum. My name is Michael and I am on the advisory board for CFI-SF. I am currently involved with the membership group and working on finding regular meeting space. I also have been to point person for The Humanist Perspective on AccesSF cable channel 29, Mondays at 9pm.

Just wanted to say hi.

Signature 

M~

? Believe Less, More. ?

Posted: 28 February 2007 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-02-28

hello!

hello out there!
just thought I’d give this a try. I’m also on cfi sf advisory committee. hopefully, we’re going to get an sf community and a series of events going in the next few months. keep an eye out for our inaugural event (TBD)!

cheers,
brooke

Posted: 09 April 2007 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-04-09

Hello

Hello
Just excited to be here as we launch the SF community.
Looking forward to our first public event.
Rrr
(Ralph)

Posted: 01 June 2007 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-02-13

I’m Joseph, on the board for CFI/SF, a native San Franciscan and a charter Skeptical Inquirer (Zetetic Scholar) subscriber saying, “Hi.” 

SF has a reputation for tolerating different points of view.  Mark Twain got his start here.  We welcomed Oscar Wilde with open arms.  The United Nations was founded in SF.  We’re also the only city in America to have had its own Emperor (Norton).  We now have so many different types of healers that our citizens are on the verge of becoming immortal.  And, not to steal Roswell’s thunder, but space aliens are such a common sight on SF’s streets that nobody pays them any mind.  CFI will fit in just fine.

Posted: 07 July 2007 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2007-06-01

I live in Marin County (San Rafael)

Signature 

“Life is a Blur of Republicans and Meat” - Zippy

Posted: 08 August 2007 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-07-29

Hello,

I just recently discovered CFI—where have I been? In Oakland, and apparently not very tuned in. I’m trying to catch up on all the wonderful POI interviews, and feel a new phase in my education has begun. I’m excited about encountering like-minded folk in the flesh, so please keep me informed.

Thanks,
Norm

Signature 

Where did that come from? Norm Bearrentine