Greetings from Portland, Oregon.
Posted: 08 September 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-09-08

Hi,
My name is Anton. I was looking around for freethought social media on DDG and CFI popped up. It looked good so I decided to join.
Anyway, I am a humble non-theist. I believe that religion perpetuates ignorance, encourages intellectual laziness and brings hatred, strife and bloodshed and divides humanity as nothing else. But I understand that belief or disbelief is internal and cannot be forced or coerced by anyone (not even ourselves).
My family includes my lovely girlfriend Jennifer and an elderly, one-eyed rescue kitty named Sophie.
Here in the Great Northwest, we have a wealth of natural beauty and grandeur and I love nothing better than getting out in it. Camping, hiking, rafting, horseback riding, I love it! We have volcanoes too, that’s kind of interesting and intimidating at the same time.
I’m really interested in most of the physical sciences and have a special fondness for astronomy and cosmology. I also love to read, listen to pretty edgy music and really enjoy good satire and slapstick comedy.
So, greetings and have a great weekend everybody!

Signature 

If we believe absurdities, we will commit atrocities. ~ Voltaire

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4865
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you’ll fit right in.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 08 September 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, Anton.  Darron’s right.  You sound as if you have just the right credentials.  I’m looking forward to your comments.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.