Which was more unfair to its delegates, DNC or RNC?
Posted: 09 September 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2774
Joined  2011-11-04

Hint:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/ron-paul-supporters-rebel-convention-floor-fuck-you-tyrants

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/28/ron-paul-supporters-put-dent-in-unity-at-gop-convention/

[ Edited: 09 September 2012 11:27 AM by TimB ]
 Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 09 September 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

No, it was a tie, remember, the DNC had that fake ‘two-thirds vote’ to include god in their platform!  cool smirk

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 September 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

I agree, Asanta.  The more I got interested in helping in the local Democratic club the more I realized that as much as it is Democrats and Republicans against each other, it’s also the leadership and insiders of both political parties against the voters.  Gerrymandering is just one example of them getting together to assure the voters have very little meaningful voice and the party regulars get to choose who’ll be elected.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 09 September 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28
asanta - 09 September 2012 12:59 PM

No, it was a tie, remember, the DNC had that fake ‘two-thirds vote’ to include god in their platform!  cool smirk

(According to what I saw on Jon Stewart) that “vote” had already been scripted into the teleprompter, so it was pretty apparent that the change had already been decided upon regardless of how the delegates felt.  Of course, Villaraigosa was expecting the “vote” to be an overwhelming “yes” and looked pretty embarrassed when things didn’t turn out that way.

It would have been funny if it weren’t so maddening.

It’s too bad the Dems are too blind to realize that the nonreligious are one of the fastest growing demographic segments of the country - especially among those under 35.  The party has been hemorrhaging younger voters since 2008.  They will eventually have to recognize the nonreligious voters if they have any hope of staying relevant.

I don’t know if there’s any hope for the Repubs tho.  The party is hostage to the theocons.

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2774
Joined  2011-11-04
Occam. - 09 September 2012 01:34 PM

I agree, Asanta.  The more I got interested in helping in the local Democratic club the more I realized that as much as it is Democrats and Republicans against each other, it’s also the leadership and insiders of both political parties against the voters.  Gerrymandering is just one example of them getting together to assure the voters have very little meaningful voice and the party regulars get to choose who’ll be elected.

Occam

But in this case, in the RNC, the bulldozing over established rules by the party old guard, and was actually on a matter directly effecting who would be (and who in the future can be) the nominee.  The bulldozing of rules in the DNC was only on a matter of amending a couple of points in the platform. 

Yet, the Repubs seek to make political hay out of the DNC incident, while ignoring their own, and, perhaps successfully having the public ignore what they did.

The Repubs are at least effective at getting some democrat leaning individuals thinking that what the Dems did was just as bad as what the Repubs did. 

I am tired of Democrats allowing their party’s imperfections to be equated with the greater imperfections of the Repubs.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

‹‹ weenies      Voter Intelligence ››