911 Psychology
Posted: 12 September 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2012-04-25

Why do you think so many people believe the official story of what happened on 911?

I think I’m not exagerating to say it’s sort of built into US culture to distrust the government to various degrees, regardless of your political persuasion.  Also almost half the country is conservative Republicans, Libertarians, and those sorts who distrust government even more than average. It just seems unusual to me that so many find it easy to believe the official story (19 middle easterners working under the direction of OBL). 

What’s the underlying psychology? (And please let’s not devolve this thread into a debate about the truth or falsity of any one position.)

Posted: 13 September 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

Probably because it makes more sense than all of the conspiracy theories.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 13 September 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2012-04-25
Austin Harper - 13 September 2012 08:39 AM

Probably because it makes more sense than all of the conspiracy theories.

So could the same have been said if the official story about the Oklahoma Bombing was “the Muslims did it”?  That would have made just as much sense, but would be wrong.  No i think you’re being too simplistic.  Maybe it’s rampant nationalism? Rampant intolerance of non-Christians?

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

What about the evidence linking Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols to the bombing?  What about the evidence linking Osama bin Laden, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al. to the September 11 attacks?  The evidence points to the truth, wild theories do not.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.