1 of 2
World War III Has Started
Posted: 23 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-02-20

A Sunday Morning Lament

Sitting here in my comfortable home in the heart of Midwest America on a Sunday AM… I got myself to wondering if World War III hasn’t already started???

Is the battle ground North Africa? Are these people fighting what looks like each other…...but in reality, they are all various groups falsely propped up by funds and armaments from all the corners of the Earth?? How many years….how much blood will flow before their is a resolution?? Decades??

It is a proxy war. The North Africans play the pawns (the blood and guts) while on this Sunday, we can sit back, have a beer, eat chicken wings and watch another fake battle on a football field?

cool cheese

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-08-27

we’ll everyday we are having war with in us but i think were still to far from that.

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Despite what you see on the news every day, the world is more peaceful now than it has ever been in recorded history.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 24 September 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

And that pisses off Romney. LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 September 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 24 September 2012 07:56 PM

Occam

Bring on Armageddon!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 25 September 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-28

World War III - The first private war in history

Those who won all battles shall lose the war

Bilderberg Group and the crimes against humanity.

http://eamb-ydrohoos.blogspot.gr/2012/02/world-war-iii.html

Posted: 26 September 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24
G23 - 23 September 2012 08:07 AM

A Sunday Morning Lament

Sitting here in my comfortable home in the heart of Midwest America on a Sunday AM… I got myself to wondering if World War III hasn’t already started???

Is the battle ground North Africa? Are these people fighting what looks like each other…...but in reality, they are all various groups falsely propped up by funds and armaments from all the corners of the Earth?? How many years….how much blood will flow before their is a resolution?? Decades??

It is a proxy war. The North Africans play the pawns (the blood and guts) while on this Sunday, we can sit back, have a beer, eat chicken wings and watch another fake battle on a football field?

cool cheese

IDK? I hope so.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 26 September 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17
Occam. - 24 September 2012 07:56 PM

Occam

Probably because he can’t/wont’ drink a beer. cool smile I’m going to go with he’d be a silly ‘I love you MAN’ drunk.  cheese

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2012-04-25
asanta - 24 September 2012 04:22 PM

Despite what you see on the news every day, the world is more peaceful now than it has ever been in recorded history.

Really? How so?  There may be less wars or battles, but our current (and recent) wars were far more deadly in scope.  Just the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan probably account for more deaths and injuries and strife than several hundred years of “battles from history”.

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29
CuthbertJ - 27 September 2012 10:55 AM

Just the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan probably account for more deaths and injuries and strife than several hundred years of “battles from history”.

Not when you compare rates of death resulting from violence relative to population size.

Posted: 27 September 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2012-04-25
George - 27 September 2012 11:46 AM
CuthbertJ - 27 September 2012 10:55 AM

Just the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan probably account for more deaths and injuries and strife than several hundred years of “battles from history”.

Not when you compare rates of death resulting from violence relative to population size.

This isn’t one of those cases where % matters, but rather the absolute number.  For example, if in a city with 2 families of 5, one family gets killed by a bomb, you’d have 50% death rate from violence.  If you had another city with 100,000 families of 5, and 10,000 famlies are killed by a nuke, you’d have a 10% death rate. By your estimation that one family suffered more than the 10,000 since percentage-wise there was more death by violence. Obviously you’d be wrong.

Posted: 27 September 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Well, I am no Clinton, so maybe I am not explaining it clearly enough for you, but it seems to me that one has much better chances of not getting killed in a city with a death rate due to violence of 10% than living in a city with rate of 50%.

Posted: 27 September 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  2885
Joined  2011-08-15

Not counting percentages but the atomic bombs killed approx. 200,000 while the total battle casualties of World War II number conservatively over 68 million making it the bloodiest war in World History and I’ll leave it to you to work out the percentages. Yes, we are becoming a less violent people compared to our ancestors. Ex. Hunting is down 40% and the decline seems to be do to an increase in settled areas. I know you didn’t like the book George but I’m going to use it as a reference, see a Pinker’s “Better Angels…”.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

The definition of world war is war that the most powerful nations on Earth are engaged in. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/world war

That makes it more tricky to adequately label because many “small wars” could be considered world wars by that definition. The Cold War was sort of a world war.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 28 September 2012 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Just a side note, Jack, but I think Pinker did an excellent job providing the evidence to show that violence has been declining. It’s only when he tried to explain why it was declining I found his book unsatisfactory.

Actually, it seems to have been the patern in many books I have read this year, where the authors do a great job at identifying a certain problem and then fail to explain its cause. I saw it in Pagel’s “Wired for Culture,” in Murray’s “Coming Apart,” and the biggest disappointment was Haidt’s “The Righteous Mind.”

Posted: 28 September 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  2885
Joined  2011-08-15

The definition of world war is war that the most powerful nations on Earth are engaged in. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/world war

That makes it more tricky to adequately label because many “small wars” could be considered world wars by that definition. The Cold War was sort of a world war.

That’s literally true Mike, but all of the casualties from the Cold War don’t add up to those of World War II if that’s what you mean. Let’s go from 1949 to 1989 and they still don’t match the KIA, MIA, and WIA of the War, not to mention the civilian casualties and the total destruction of cities, towns and villages.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

1 of 2