1 of 2
Is Ann Coulter mentally ill?
Posted: 24 September 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

wtf?  the woman is nuts.

Ann Coulter Quotes: Sparks Race Debate Saying ‘Civil Rights Are For Blacks,’ ‘Treated Like Children’

“I think the way liberals have treated blacks like children and many of their policies have been harmful to blacks, at least they got the beneficiary group right,” Coulter said. “There is the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws. We don’t owe the homeless. We don’t owe feminists. We don’t owe women who are desirous of having abortions or gays who want to get married to one another. That’s what civil rights has become for much of the left.”
“Immigrant rights are not civil rights?” Stephanopoulos asked.
“No,” Coulter responded, “No. I think civil rights are for blacks. What have we done to the immigrants? We owe black people something. We have a legacy of slavery. Immigrants haven’t even been in this country.”

http://www.booksnreview.com/articles/1164/20120924/ann-coulter-quotes-sparks-race-debate-saying-civil-rights-for-blacks-treated-like-children.htm

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1406
Joined  2010-04-22

Yup, the woman is nuts. But, probably not much more than a significant chunk of the population.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 26 September 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2699
Joined  2011-04-24

I love Ann Coulter.

She has managed to make a career out of just being nasty, it’s admirable in a weird way.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 26 September 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I don’t thinks so. I think she is just playing to her audience, and she knows exactly what they want to hear.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 26 September 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  779
Joined  2009-07-17
asanta - 26 September 2012 08:21 PM

I don’t thinks so. I think she is just playing to her audience, and she knows exactly what they want to hear.

My opinion as well.

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 26 September 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I agree that she’s playing to her audience, but as I see it there are two choices: 1. That she believes what she says, which means she is really mentally ill.  or 2. That she knows that what she’s saying is completely false but will be accepted by many, which means she is exceedingly evil.

Take your pick.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 27 September 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  3202
Joined  2011-11-04
mid atlantic - 26 September 2012 08:15 PM

I love Ann Coulter.

She has managed to make a career out of just being nasty, it’s admirable in a weird way.

She is such a negative, far-right, cold, heartless, bitch.  Yet, I find her strangely attractive, as well.  This is a point in favor of her being crazy, as I tend to find crazy women strangely attractive.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 27 September 2012 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I vote for evil.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 27 September 2012 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Well, she may be evil, but that doesn’t necessarily rule out crazy, too.  Though, I have found that, by far, most crazy people are not evil.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 27 September 2012 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
TimB - 27 September 2012 12:12 AM

as I tend to find crazy women strangely attractive.

I gotta admit, me too. A lot of men do, it seems.

There is a stereotype that crazy women are wonderful in bed. (Off topic anecdote.)

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
TimB - 27 September 2012 12:12 AM
mid atlantic - 26 September 2012 08:15 PM

I love Ann Coulter.

She is such a negative, far-right, cold, heartless, bitch.  Yet, I find her strangely attractive, as well.  This is a point in favor of her being crazy, as I tend to find crazy women strangely attractive.

To make clear, I don’t believe anything Ann Coulter says, she is just good at doing what she does IMO.

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2011-09-13
skuld - 24 September 2012 03:22 PM

wtf?  the woman is nuts.

Ann Coulter Quotes: Sparks Race Debate Saying ‘Civil Rights Are For Blacks,’ ‘Treated Like Children’

“I think the way liberals have treated blacks like children and many of their policies have been harmful to blacks, at least they got the beneficiary group right,” Coulter said. “There is the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws. We don’t owe the homeless. We don’t owe feminists. We don’t owe women who are desirous of having abortions or gays who want to get married to one another. That’s what civil rights has become for much of the left.”
“Immigrant rights are not civil rights?” Stephanopoulos asked.
“No,” Coulter responded, “No. I think civil rights are for blacks. What have we done to the immigrants? We owe black people something. We have a legacy of slavery. Immigrants haven’t even been in this country.”

http://www.booksnreview.com/articles/1164/20120924/ann-coulter-quotes-sparks-race-debate-saying-civil-rights-for-blacks-treated-like-children.htm

Nuts but a rich nuts and it makes money for here so insane, no, a nut job yes.

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  3210
Joined  2011-08-15

To make clear, I don’t believe anything Ann Coulter says, she is just good at doing what she does IMO.

Off the wall flaming comments have been in vogue since Joe Pine created the method in the late 50’s. say it loud; say it crazy and people will listen. Watch a Hitler speech and watch the crowd reaction. It’s best to listen to it in the original German BTW. Coulter, Limbaugh, Beck, O’Reilly and their ilk have been using the same formula and it works, well. Statements don’t have to have one scintilla of truth to be believed, just incite the crowd to anger, and watch the fun. Meanwhile the young neocons are mesmerized by her in-your-face attitude and looks (although she seems to be slipping a bit, ugh does that sound sexist?). Don’t forget that she constantly reminds them that she is an attorney! I once picked up one of her books, “How to Talk to a Liberal”, and it was filled with inconsistencies and neocon drivel, much like her editorials in the newspapers. Why Bill Maher likes her I’ll never know.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  790
Joined  2012-04-25

Are you kidding? Coulter, Rove, Limbaugh, etc. are geniuses.  They know their audience, and can manipulate their thoughts and actions almost at will.  Now their agenda is an evil one, but you can’t fault them for their effectiveness. I mean they literally can get people to believe 1+1=3.

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Quoting TimB:

I tend to find crazy women strangely attractive

Hey, does that explain why I married my first wife?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 27 September 2012 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Occam. - 27 September 2012 06:41 PM

Quoting TimB:

I tend to find crazy women strangely attractive

Hey, does that explain why I married my first wife?  LOL

Occam

They say that opposites attract.  But maybe it’s just hormones. Bipolars are known for being hyper sexual.

Signature 

1 of 2