2 of 2
Is Ann Coulter mentally ill?
Posted: 28 September 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

At some point I was going to write something about Ann Coulter not really being insane and blah blah blah.  But after seeing this I’m starting to wonder…..

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 29 September 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-09-10

No. Ann Coulter is not mentally ill, she gets paid by being famous and she gets famous by being outrageous. It’s an old tact, and there is a class of celebs that do nothing else.

Signature 

When I was young I was told, “If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.” I now understand that beggars are horses that wishes do ride.
——————-
The distinction between Theology and Mythology comprises a difference that makes no difference.

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2750
Joined  2011-11-04

Hopefully, Ann has jumped the shark with her recent tweeting of the “R” word.  I mean there should be a limit on how despicable someone can be and still be accepted by and grow rich off of the public.  But I suppose her sociopathic tendencies will continue to be rewarded as is the case with so many of that ilk in our society.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19

Chris Hedges stated on a radio interview that Ann Coulter makes about 15 million a year and that no honest journalist would ever make anything close to that.

She’s not crazy.

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 25 October 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2750
Joined  2011-11-04

One of the greatest faults of our society is how much it rewards intelligent (enough) sociopaths.

[ Edited: 25 October 2012 01:45 PM by TimB ]
 Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 27 October 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-04-19
TimB - 25 October 2012 12:45 PM

One of the greatest faults of our society is how much it rewards intelligent (enough) sociopaths.

That’s because people worship the “American Dream”, which teaches that the only (real) way to make it to the top of the system is to adopt sociopathic tendencies. Like I said, she isn’t stupid. Sold out, but not stupid.

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 27 October 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  2239
Joined  2012-10-27

She’s not nuts, she’s an automaton.  She has a one-track mind that has never been touched by common sense. She’s a dog trained to do tricks.

Posted: 28 October 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2010-04-19
Lois - 27 October 2012 11:57 PM

She’s not nuts, she’s an automaton.  She has a one-track mind that has never been touched by common sense. She’s a dog trained to do tricks.

I think such a view of her still gives her too much credit and holds her less accountable.

Signature 

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-12-16

I wonder if her radical, crazy statements are calculated to motivate some people against conservative ideology? In that case she is actually functioning as a kind of double-agent for liberals.

Posted: 20 December 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

I read her book on impeachment as I needed to refresh my memory of what were the laws that brought impeachment into the actions needed to do this to Clinton.  I wasn’t certain that President Cllinton did deserve to be unseated from the oval office.  Fox News was after Clinton for messing with his girl friend in the white house.  I remember several other Presidents who did this over the years.  Fox had a lot of graphic sex scenes.  Coulter did describe exactly what brought on the charges and I was puzzled about the whole thing. 

I will admit that her writing was very accurate but I could not imagine that Clinton would fit the accusations that had allowed previous Presidents to be ignored.  My kids and I had seen many half-naked beauties on the beach at Santa Monica that brought no actions from the Congress through the years.  Both Kennedy Brothers were very open with their girl friends at Lady Lawford’s home.  Coulter explained the actions needed to remove Clinton from office.  The difference was that during the years of the Kennedys the press had more respect for the office of the White House.

I also saw a change in the Republicans that tried to bring down any member of the Democratic Party and calling them all the enemies of America.  When I questioned this on a Conservative forum, I was called every dirty name possible.  Since this started by trying to destroy Clinton, we see that since 2008 the entire plan by the Republicans was to make a fool out of Obama.  No matter what he does or says, it should be the action of the GOP to make it seem as if his actions are unAmerican.  Sadly, the Americans people aren’t aware enough of what is good or bad within the White House to identify Obama’s actions.  Are they trying to get even with Clinton’s impeachment? 

One only has to look at the comments and actions of the Republicans to see the lack of honesty in the foolishness of their world and desired actions in their leadership.  How could anyone take seriously anyone found in the primaries prior to the election? It was enough to make me want to leave politics.  Even after their loss in many local and federal elections, they have learned nothing and continue to locate reasons for why they lost.  I tried to make a list of reasons that I left the GOP after 50 plus years of being a Republican.  My emails, letters and cards were returned unread by many Republicans who had accepted my donations over the years.  I had been an early member of GOPAC but Gingrich never again took a phone call or an email or even a card from me.  I am probably one of millions of other Republicans who will never again vote in their corner again.

Posted: 24 December 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  3789
Joined  2010-08-15
TromboneAndrew - 24 September 2012 03:44 PM

Yup, the woman is nuts. But, probably not much more than a significant chunk of the population.

Yea I hear half the US population actually believes the Earth was “created” six thousand years ago, too.  No wonder the ship’s sinking.

As for Coulter the good ‘ol term Scumbag seems to fit that specimen of inhumanity.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 24 December 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

I think Coulter is just another Republican with no life of her own.  I felt that way after I realized my Republican world had left me without a hobby.  I was unable to read at the amount of books I devoured and I had to do something with my time.  My arthritis had kept me in bed after all my surgeries and the drugs left me unable to remember what I had read.  I had been involved in politics for years and traveled a lot from one convention to another.  Being in a wheel chair made travel difficult.  I worked like a mad woman trying to get my legs back to work and I began to get more involved in politics.  I found Fox News and thought I had gone completely insane.  There was nothing to for and Fox only worked against so I went into training for Hospice and then for Death with Dignity. 

Anger was everywhere and even my Republican groups turned so ugly and angry to be impossible for me to work with any of them.  I wrote articles for the home page of Capitol Hill Blue but it turned into a forum for Evangelicals.  When they heard I had signed on for Hospice they wrote terrible and insulting things about my being an Atheist.  I had always been an Atheist but I was told not to write any more on my 2 forums.  I became depressed and some of the stuff I’ve read by Coulter sounded like my thoughts.  I logged off of several sites and left the GOP after being a member since 1953. 

I have always loved politics.  I followed all the members of the GOP house and Senate.  I joined GOPAC which was Ginghrich’s group and then realized that the anger came directly from him.  When there is nothing to work for there is nothing to work against.  I became convinced that I was in the early stages of dementia.  My kids surrounded me like an old Duke Wayne movie and we laughed it out of me. 

I feel sorry for Ann Coulter at this time.  She needs to soften up and start to work for something.  She hangs around with some of the meanest people on the planet.  She makes a ton of money on her satellite radio program.  I doubt there is anything beautiful in her life.  She has no mate and no children.  It is not her nature to help others who are also depressed.  She lives off the anger of others. 

20 years ago I would offer to help her get out of her anger but I no longer can do this.  Coulter’s anger is based on hatred too deep for me.  I just got home from watching a round of golf.  This is a 9-hole golf course and the sun was sparkling on the snow covered mountain top and it was gorgeous.

2 of 2