2 of 2
Center for Inquiry - Liberal ??
Posted: 02 November 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

What do you think CFI should do? Start a quota system? I kinda think, ya get what ya get.  zipper

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  2886
Joined  2011-08-15

What do you think CFI should do? Start a quota system? I kinda think, ya get what ya get. 

I agree, and in reference to this site only, there are self styled libertarians, conservatives, moderates, and dare I say it, lllllliberals here too! That word has been vilified in the media so long that anyone who professes to be one is considered a loon or bomb throwing commie intent on taking your hard earned cash and giving it to the indolent poor. Everyone here has an ability to express themselves, give opinions backed with facts and engage in reasonable debate. I assume that’s why we’re here, to exchange ideas, to learn from each other even if we disagree with that individual’s agenda. And skeptics aren’t neutral on issues; they want to dig out the facts. If that’s liberal then, HERE!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04

Liberal-Moderate-Conservative is a continuum that seems to change over time. e.g., what is considered liberal today may have passed as moderate 30 years ago.

Next point.  I haven’t seen the study, but if Dems on average or several IQ points higher than Rebubs, it doesn’t mean that there are not a lot of very intelligent Repubs or Conservatives.  (Although if there are many very intelligent Repubs, the rest of them must be really sub-par).

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 03 November 2012 06:17 AM

What do you think CFI should do? Start a quota system? I kinda think, ya get what ya get. 

I agree, and in reference to this site only, there are self styled libertarians, conservatives, moderates, and dare I say it, lllllliberals here too! That word has been vilified in the media so long that anyone who professes to be one is considered a loon or bomb throwing commie intent on taking your hard earned cash and giving it to the indolent poor. Everyone here has an ability to express themselves, give opinions backed with facts and engage in reasonable debate. I assume that’s why we’re here, to exchange ideas, to learn from each other even if we disagree with that individual’s agenda. And skeptics aren’t neutral on issues; they want to dig out the facts. If that’s liberal then, HERE!

Cap’t Jack

Yeah, If humanistic values and reasoned inquiry are “Liberal”, then, IMO, it is “Moderate” and “Conservative” that should be considered perjoratives.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

2 of 2