Million Euro Prize
Posted: 27 September 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Several European skeptic organizations have gotten together to promote a new prize that will go to anyone that can demonstrate paranormal or supernatural powers: the Sisyphus Prize (HERE is the news item at the Spanish Círculo Escéptico site).

So: now anyone who can demonstrate such powers can win Randi’s million dollars AND a million euros to boot.

Get cracking!

cheese

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 September 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2891
Joined  2011-08-15

So if I can successfully demonstrate that Casper really exists then I can claim a million Euros? How much is that in real Murican dollars? I have this corn game I invented too!  LOL

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5190
Joined  2010-06-16

I feel that it’s rather silly to offer huge prizes.  Anyone who thinks they can win will apply even if the amount is more nominal. I realize that they are probably trying to get more publicity for their organization, but one thing worries me. This will attract many, many more people to try, and if you have enough trials, sooner or later, just by coincidence one will hit, and that will put us all back a century.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 27 September 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04

The name of the prize reveals its intent to punish those who would attempt to win it.  Thus, making the perceived loss greater, makes the punishment greater.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.