2 of 2
Failed States
Posted: 10 October 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
George - 10 October 2012 04:40 AM

Of course climate has a lot to do with it. And by a lot I mean A LOT. Just like with Lysenko’s crops, the African people are who they are because they have evolved that way due to their climate, and re-educating them (just like Lysenko’s crops) is simply a waste of time.

Not that we really care that much about re-educating them to begin with. They were given Liberia because Lincoln wanted to get a rid of not only slavery, but also the blacks themselves. If anything, chaotic Africa is in our interest: it would be a lot more difficult to exploit them if they ever got organized.

I know these are your firmly held views, and it makes me quite ill to be reminded that someone I find otherwise quite pleasant and congenial also holds these abhorrent views.  sick

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 11 October 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22
George - 02 October 2012 03:33 PM
garythehuman - 02 October 2012 12:53 PM

Creating nation is neither an easy or simple process.  Individual greed, interference from outside powers, and human egos are tough to overcome.

It didn’t look all that dificult for Germany after it got destroyed in WWII.

After WWII it became only two countries or possibly three is you count Austria.  It only took from Charlemagne to 1990 to actually put it together as it stands now.

[ Edited: 11 October 2012 09:13 AM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 11 October 2012 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4521
Joined  2007-08-31
asanta - 10 October 2012 08:06 PM

I know these are your firmly held views, and it makes me quite ill to be reminded that someone I find otherwise quite pleasant and congenial also holds these abhorrent views.  sick

You must accept the established scientific facts, Asanta, even if you do not like them.  confused

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 12 October 2012 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

You shouldn’t hold a grudge, GdB. It’s not good for your anatta.

Posted: 12 October 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14
George - 12 October 2012 04:27 AM

You shouldn’t hold a grudge, GdB. It’s not good for your anatta.

George, we can really do without the gratuitous and OT insults. They are against the rules.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Wow, who do I start pissing off? 

1.  Doug, I agree with your warning, but you chose the wrong post.  The one of George’s you should be referring to is #13.  That was gratuitous and insulting, even if George believes it.

2.  George, I had meant to write a warning in blue on #13, but had forgotten.

3. GdB: Talk about being snotty.  You outdid George with your “You must accept the established scientific facts, Asanta, even if you do not like them.”  That was also completely unjustified.  The fact that you were wrong adds to the egregiousness of that post.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Okay. Sorry, everybody. And a Happy Columbus Day (a.k.a. “Day of Respect for Cultural Diversity”) to you all.

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  4521
Joined  2007-08-31
Occam. - 12 October 2012 01:05 PM

3. GdB: Talk about being snotty.  You outdid George with your “You must accept the established scientific facts, Asanta, even if you do not like them.”  That was also completely unjustified.  The fact that you were wrong adds to the egregiousness of that post.

Does that still apply if you add the obvious irony tags? And when yes, why?

Take into account that I got 3 sneering (completely unjustified) reactions from George, two of them on reasonable posts from me (here and here), and two of them as personal insults.

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

2 of 2