21 of 28
will freethinkers accept god if they find evidence?
Posted: 02 May 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2009-05-03
George - 02 May 2013 01:44 PM

I think you are just insane.

more personal attacks. I think i gave given good reasons for theism. You have not given any for atheism. Last post to you imo.

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Joined  2009-05-03
Write4U - 02 May 2013 01:58 PM

It appears that the great majority of minds on this forum believe that your mind believes in a thing which is contrary to Universal law.
I happen to agree with this stance in my own way and used the “we” as a confirmation of my support for the majority position.

I think you should write only on your behalf.

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2007-10-05

W4U has permission to include me in his use of “we” on this subject.

As far as your belief that you have provided evidence for theism, you are wrong. You have provided none. The links you keep using as evidence for a god bear an uncanny resemblance to your pseudonym and writing style.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Adonai888 - 02 May 2013 02:03 PM
George - 02 May 2013 01:44 PM

I think you are just insane.

more personal attacks. I think i gave given good reasons for theism. You have not given any for atheism. Last post to you imo.

Ah, that’s too bad. I really wanted to learn about how God created the bat. What formula do you think he used? Abracadabra or Alakazam? I think I read somewhere that the evidence seems to point towards Alakazam. What do you think?

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Joined  2009-05-03
DarronS - 02 May 2013 02:11 PM

As far as your belief that you have provided evidence for theism, you are wrong. You have provided none. The links you keep using as evidence for a god bear an uncanny resemblance to your pseudonym and writing style.

you have not been able to present solit rebuttals to my case, and neither solid positive evidence for strong atheism. Despite of this, you think atheism is true. Thats your business, you are free to think so,  it does not affect me in the slightest sense.

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
Adonai888 - 02 May 2013 02:18 PM
DarronS - 02 May 2013 02:11 PM

you have not been able to present solit rebuttals to my case, and neither solid positive evidence for strong atheism. Despite of this, you think atheism is true. Thats your business, you are free to think so,  it does not affect me in the slightest sense.

Did you read my rebuttals of your astronomy ignorance?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Joined  2009-05-03
DarronS - 02 May 2013 02:23 PM

Did you read my rebuttals of your astronomy ignorance?

We are all ignorant in different degrees in regard of all sort of things. Calling me ignorant doesnt make this debate more friendly either.

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

I did not call you ignorant. Now answer my question.

Signature 

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

We don’t have to be friendly, we are not Christians. You, OTOH, have no choice but to love us. Because if you don’t, you’ll go to hell.  cool grin

Posted: 02 May 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26
George - 02 May 2013 02:31 PM

We don’t have to be friendly, we are not Christians. You, OTOH, have no choice but to love us. Because if you don’t, you’ll go to hell.  cool grin

vahidrk1.gif...grouphug.gif

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 02 May 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Joined  2009-05-03
DarronS - 02 May 2013 02:28 PM

Now answer my question.

I don’t remember. link again, and i will have a look.

Posted: 02 May 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
Adonai888 - 02 May 2013 03:17 PM
DarronS - 02 May 2013 02:28 PM

Now answer my question.

I don’t remember. link again, and i will have a look.

Here

I just picked a few of your nonsensical astronomy arguments to rebut because I was busy with school work. If you wish I could go through the others one-by-one and show where they are wrong, too.

Signature 

Posted: 02 May 2013 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Joined  2009-05-03
DarronS - 25 April 2013 06:41 AM

Adonai888 wrote SIZE AND GRAVITY: There is a range for the size of a planet and it gravity which supports life and it is small. A planet the size of Jupiter would have gravity that would crush any life form, and any high order carbon molecules, out of existence.
This fails on so many levels it is mind boggling. Adonai, Jupiter is a gas giant. The gravity at the outer edges of Jupiter’s gaseous envelope is minuscule compared with the crushing gravity at Jupiter’s center. Pick up a used astronomy textbook at your local bookstore and read it. You’ll also learn, if you care, that Jupiter and Saturn have moons which could harbor life.

The effective gravity of jupiter is meaningless to the argument.  Jupiter has just been mentioned to give a example.

While it is true that larger stars burn out faster than smaller ones, stars smaller than the Sun can and do have planetary systems, and they can also have a Goldilocks Zone capable of supporting life. Where did you come up with the line about small stars not being likely to form planetary systems?

http://www.solstation.com/habitable.htm

stars with less than half of Sol’s mass (e.g., smaller spectral type M dwarfs like Proxima Centauri) are more likely to tidally lock planets that are orbiting close enough to have liquid water on their surface too quickly, before life can develop (Peale, 1977). Tidally locking (or synchronous rotation of the star and planet) may eventually cause the destruction of a life-sustaining atmosphere through condensation on the cold, perpetually dark side of the planet. Moreover, most M-type red dwarf stars would tend to sterilize life on a close-orbiting Earth-type planet regularly with large stellar flares. Therefore, NASA’s proposed Kepler Mission will search for habitable planets at nearby main sequence stars that are less massive than spectral type A but more massive than type M—dwarf stars of types F, G, and K. However, since low-mass M- and K-type stars so numerous, some astronomers and planetary scientists are continuing to model low-mass stars and possible planetary environments that may be potentially suitable for Earth-type plant and animal life, as well as for microbes (Helmut Hammer, 2007; Tarter et al, 2007; Scalo et al, 2007; Khodachenko et al, 2007; and Grenfell et al, 2007; and Kiang et al, 2007). [More discussion is available on the potential habitability of brown dwarfs and white dwarfs.]

VOLCANIC ACTIVITY: Volcanic activity is responsible for bringing heaver elements and gasses to the surface, as well as oxygen.
Volcanic activity does not bring oxygen to the surface. Other planets and moons in our solar system show signs of past volcanic activity, and some even have current volcanic activity.

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=109950

The researchers suggest that mixture of gases and lavas produced by submarine volcanoes scrubbed oxygen from the atmosphere and bound it into oxygen-containing minerals.When terrestrial volcanoes began to dominate, oxygen levels increased.
The change over time caused an atmospheric shift from oxygen-free to oxygen-rich, the researchers argue, with profound implications for life on the planet.

The moon early in its existence also shielded the earth from bombardment by meteor showers that were devastating.
Wrong again. Google “earth heavy bombardment.”

Edit: corrected a typo

i give you that.

http://www.reasons.org/articles/fine-tuning-for-life-on-earth-june-2004

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26

I find it amazing that the overwhelming scientific evidence is cited from observations of the universe, then say that it could not have happened that way naturally is just ludicrous obstinacy.  Life is a natural emergent quality in nature and can establish in a great variety of conditions and environments.

It did happen that way and there is no proof that outside agent had anything to do with it.  As it did happen the way it did, it COULD (you say “could not”) have happened the way it did and given the same original conditions, it would happen again, but with an infinity of variations. Each planet has its own ecosphere (pseudo life of its own).

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Adonai, you are right about volcanoes and oxygen and I was wrong. However, that does not provide evidence that any god created this planet or the universe. Other bodies in our solar system are volcanic. Mars and our Moon show abundant evidence of past volcanic activity. Jupiter’s moon Io is the most volcanically active body in our solar system. Jupiter’s moon Europa seems to have the necessary conditions for life. Current missions are cataloging exoplanets which could harbor life. Fine tuning is nothing more than a fallacy.

I suggested you take a college level biology class earlier because you seem to completely misunderstand evolution. Evolution is a fact. Darwin’s theory explains scientific observations of those facts. No one has ever presented any scientific evidence to back the intelligent design argument.

Signature 

21 of 28