28 of 28
will freethinkers accept god if they find evidence?
Posted: 05 May 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4419
Joined  2008-08-14

Ok fine. I gotta go to work.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 05 May 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  2009-02-26
Adonai888 - 05 May 2013 01:01 PM
Write4U - 05 May 2013 12:32 PM
Adonai888 - 05 May 2013 08:39 AM
DarronS - 05 May 2013 06:43 AM

Well then at least answer my question. What role does chance play in natural selection?

none.

What role does natural selection play when it comes to the quest of how life began ?

This is odd. This very exchange is an example of failed evolution.

I’ll give you an example of chance play in natural selection.

Abiogenesis - a reasonable answer to explain how live arise on earth ?

If you were truly a student of Evolution, you would have learned to spell (communicate) the word “life” correctly as well as using the proper tense in your use of verbs.  If you were a student of English, your evolutionary progress in that language is inadequate, and as a linguist YOU FAIL (natural selection). Sorry, you do not get to become a theoretic scientist until you have passed the Natural test for linguistics. Once you learn to read write and spell correctly, you can start discussing “evolution”.

I ran across this todbit “by chance” but If I were a teacher, you’d fail as an English linguist and therefore also as Evolutionist. When you get the sentence right, you will get the chance to advance into the more complex considerations of “evolutionary possibilities of life arising (emerging) on earth”

English is not my native language. I grow up in german speaking part of switzerland, my parents are italians, so i grow up bilingue, german and italian. Afterwards i made english course of 3 month, and learned to speak fluently portuguese. I live in brazil.
Furthermore, i speak frensh, which i learned at school, and a littlebit spanish.

I am not faulting you for language, I myself am from Holland and English is my second language, I was illustrating that evolution of species can be successful or a failure dependent on a host of circumstantial influences. Chance is but one of many.

[ Edited: 05 May 2013 02:12 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 05 May 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2013-03-18
Adonai888 - 24 April 2013 08:13 PM
DarronS - 24 April 2013 08:05 PM
Adonai888 - 24 April 2013 07:46 PM

Because humans have sinned, death came into the world. Cancer, therefore, is the result of human free-will. The only way that God could have created a world without cancer is to have restricted human free-will.

Hmmm…

God created Adam and Eve without the knowledge of good and evil, then punished not only Adam and Eve but all their progeny because A&E made a bad decision. Sounds like god is the guilty party here, not humanity.

The answer is simple : we are without excuse since we sin too. So God does not punish you or me, because of what Adam and Eve did, but because of your, of mine bad decision. I am punished because of my sins, you because of yours. But the bible has a escape out of this. Jesus came to die for the sins of all humanity. He came to die for my, and your sins. Who acccepts his sacrifice, is receiving Gods pardon.

“Sin” is a synonym for “freedom” and was made up by christianity to keep the slaves from realizing that they were slaves, for when all freedoms are forbidden, the remaining conditon is slavery.

Posted: 05 May 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

Sin and blasphemy were terms used by the church to stifle “free thought”.  And when the freedom of scientific thought is forbidden civilization suffers.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 08 May 2013 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2007-10-22
Arthur King - 05 May 2013 06:41 PM

Because humans have sinned, death came into the world. Cancer, therefore, is the result of human free-will. The only way that God could have created a world without cancer is to have restricted human free-will.

Hmmm…

God created Adam and Eve without the knowledge of good and evil, then punished not only Adam and Eve but all their progeny because A&E made a bad decision. Sounds like god is the guilty party here, not humanity.

The answer is simple : we are without excuse since we sin too. So God does not punish you or me, because of what Adam and Eve did, but because of your, of mine bad decision. I am punished because of my sins, you because of yours. But the bible has a escape out of this. Jesus came to die for the sins of all humanity. He came to die for my, and your sins. Who acccepts his sacrifice, is receiving Gods pardon.

“Sin” is a synonym for “freedom” and was made up by christianity to keep the slaves from realizing that they were slaves, for when all freedoms are forbidden, the remaining conditon is slavery.

You have any documentation of this?

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 08 May 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2009-05-03
garythehuman - 08 May 2013 09:08 AM

Hmmm…

http://evolutiondeceit.com/en/books/9642/If-Darwin-Had-Known-About-DNA/chapter/4676/DNAs-Extraordinary-Data-Storage-Capacity

So extraordinary is the amount of information recorded in DNA that a single DNA molecule contains enough information to fill a million encyclopedia pages. To put that another way, 1,000,000 pages of data that control the functioning of the human body have been encoded inside the nucleus of every cell. You can obtain a better idea of this amount when you consider that even the 23-volume Encyclopedia Britannica, has only 25,000 pages. This gives rise to an extraordinary picture. Inside the nucleus, itself far smaller than the microscopic cell in which it is contained; is a data bank 40 times larger than one of the largest encyclopedias on Earth, equivalent to a 920-volume encyclopedia. Research has shown that this giant encyclopedia contains some 5 billion different pieces of information.

Posted: 08 May 2013 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29

Ergo Jesus.

Posted: 08 May 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2009-05-03
George - 08 May 2013 01:46 PM

Ergo Jesus.

no. ergo luck .

Posted: 08 May 2013 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

Interesting to note that human DNA has half the chromosomes (46) of a shrimp (92).      HOLY SHRIMP!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organisms_by_chromosome_count

And tell me what kind of “data” is contained in DNA other than “on and off growth switches”.  Moreover, DNA is far from perfect (as compared to computer data) and very susceptible to error.  One can make the case that variety and flexibility is “built” into the structure and function of DNA. It may well be fundamental to evolution. However, change can have both positive and negative consequences.

The gain or loss of DNA from chromosomes can lead to a variety of genetic disorders. Human examples include:

Cri du chat, which is caused by the deletion of part of the short arm of chromosome 5. “Cri du chat” means “cry of the cat” in French; the condition was so-named because affected babies make high-pitched cries that sound like those of a cat. Affected individuals have wide-set eyes, a small head and jaw, moderate to severe mental health issues, and are very short.

Down syndrome, the most common trisomy, usually caused by an extra copy of chromosome 21 (trisomy 21). Characteristics include decreased muscle tone, stockier build, asymmetrical skull, slanting eyes and mild to moderate developmental disability.[51]

Edwards syndrome, or trisomy-18, the second-most-common trisomy.[citation needed] Symptoms include motor retardation, developmental disability and numerous congenital anomalies causing serious health problems. Ninety percent of those affected die in infancy. They have characteristic clenched hands and overlapping fingers.
Isodicentric 15, also called idic(15), partial tetrasomy 15q, or inverted duplication 15 (inv dup 15).

Jacobsen syndrome, which is very rare. It is also called the terminal 11q deletion disorder.[52] Those affected have normal intelligence or mild developmental disability, with poor expressive language skills. Most have a bleeding disorder called Paris-Trousseau syndrome.

Klinefelter syndrome (XXY). Men with Klinefelter syndrome are usually sterile, and tend to be taller and have longer arms and legs than their peers. Boys with the syndrome are often shy and quiet, and have a higher incidence of speech delay and dyslexia. Without testosterone treatment, some may develop gynecomastia during puberty.

Patau Syndrome, also called D-Syndrome or trisomy-13. Symptoms are somewhat similar to those of trisomy-18, without the characteristic folded hand.

Small supernumerary marker chromosome. This means there is an extra, abnormal chromosome. Features depend on the origin of the extra genetic material. Cat-eye syndrome and isodicentric chromosome 15 syndrome (or Idic15) are both caused by a supernumerary marker chromosome, as is Pallister-Killian syndrome.

Triple-X syndrome (XXX). XXX girls tend to be tall and thin and have a higher incidence of dyslexia.

Turner syndrome (X instead of XX or XY). In Turner syndrome, female sexual characteristics are present but underdeveloped. Females with Turner syndrome often have a short stature, low hairline, abnormal eye features and bone development and a “caved-in” appearance to the chest.

XYY syndrome. XYY boys are usually taller than their siblings. Like XXY boys and XXX girls, they are more likely to have learning difficulties.

Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, which is caused by partial deletion of the short arm of chromosome 4. It is characterized by severe growth retardation and severe to profound mental health issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome

[ Edited: 08 May 2013 11:35 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

W4U

Posted: 13 May 2013 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2007-10-22
Adonai888 - 08 May 2013 01:43 PM
garythehuman - 08 May 2013 09:08 AM

Hmmm…

http://evolutiondeceit.com/en/books/9642/If-Darwin-Had-Known-About-DNA/chapter/4676/DNAs-Extraordinary-Data-Storage-Capacity

So extraordinary is the amount of information recorded in DNA that a single DNA molecule contains enough information to fill a million encyclopedia pages. To put that another way, 1,000,000 pages of data that control the functioning of the human body have been encoded inside the nucleus of every cell. You can obtain a better idea of this amount when you consider that even the 23-volume Encyclopedia Britannica, has only 25,000 pages. This gives rise to an extraordinary picture. Inside the nucleus, itself far smaller than the microscopic cell in which it is contained; is a data bank 40 times larger than one of the largest encyclopedias on Earth, equivalent to a 920-volume encyclopedia. Research has shown that this giant encyclopedia contains some 5 billion different pieces of information.

That is hypotheses (and more like propaganda) not documentation.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 13 May 2013 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

How many atoms are in the human body?

Answer 1,
Would you settle for a whole bunch? I didn’t think so. The number of atoms in one person is almost too big to write out. But fortunately there’s a shorthand system, called scientific notation, that we use instead for writing really BIG or really SMALL numbers. Since huge numbers are generally just estimates anyway, we just use the first few numbers, followed by a code that tells you how many zeros would follow if you wrote it all out. Ok, here it goes. Hydrogen, oxygen and carbon make up about 99% of the average human. I’m going to cheat a little and leave out the other 1%, which is made up of trace elements (that is, stuff there’s only a trace of in the body). Then, let’s assume an average adult weighs 70 kilograms. Be sure to keep in mind that the following numbers are based on the number of atoms, not percent of body weight (by weight we are mostly oxygen). A 70 kg body would have approximately 7*1027 atoms. That is, 7 followed by 27 zeros:

http://education.jlab.org/qa/mathatom_04.html

Compared to this figure for atoms (each with its elemental coding) your DNA figure begins to lose a little of its luster. Seldom do we realize the staggering number of atoms and molecules that make up a complex organism.  But again, the lowly shrimp has more chromosomes in it’s DNA than a human. This does not necessarily make it more complex, it is one of an almost infinite number of chemical processes which are set in motion by the growth instructions.

[ Edited: 13 May 2013 01:44 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

W4U

28 of 28