Finally have a new website
Posted: 03 October 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4836
Joined  2007-10-05

Lightcraftsman

Threw this together today in Adobe Muse. It isn’t complete and I need to fix a few typos, but at least I have some photos to show people. I need to add a contact page, and about page, and figure out how to make the photos larger in the slideshow. I may have to redo this in DreamWeaver during winter break. I will definitely need to redo it when I start selling photos again.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 03 October 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

Really cool, Darron! Love the photos. You might not want to have the “The Lightcraftsman Home Page” bar at the bottom be clickable and take you back to the same page, though.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 October 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

I hadn’t noticed that. I’ll see if there is a way to disable the menu bar reloading the same page. Muse still feels very much like a beta application.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 03 October 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2207
Joined  2007-04-26

Very nice Darron. I agree the photos should be a little larger, especially the landscape ones. If you end up using Dreamweaver let me know how it goes. I’m still using an ancient copy of microsoft Frontpage and need to switch over to something new but have balked at the cost, the earning curve, and the time involved in redoing my two sites. Would love to know how your experience turns out with that.

Excellent photos though.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 03 October 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2009-07-17

Sweet!

I definitely agree about larger image size.  grin

I realize you’re still working on it so this may already be in the works… I’d like to be able to go to any gallery from within a gallery.

Details: I’m on the home page and the cursor is over the Homepage link. I select a gallery from the pop-up. I oh and ahh over the photos. I want to see the next gallery. However, the Homepage button on the gallery page doesn’t have the pop-up of galleries. I have to go back to the Homepage to access the gallery pop-up.

BTW: You can’t fool me! In your photo ‘Bird and wave’ that’s obviously not a bird, but an extraterrestrial craft!  LOL

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 03 October 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

@macgyver

DreamWeaver is an excellent tool, but the learning curve is very steep. I figure it will take two weeks of eight-hour days to put together a website, and I have 30 years publishing experience, including building four or five websites. But given the current capabilities of Muse I will have to redesign my site in DW before I start selling photos.

@harry

Fixed it.

Signature