A total idiot on the House Science Committee
Posted: 06 October 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-09-13

If you were wondering why we have a do nothing congress, this may help explain why.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/05/republican-science-is-all-lies/

Posted: 06 October 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2013
Joined  2007-04-26

It really is scary. Sometimes i feel like the republicans theory of government is right out of an Orwellian novel where everything is cynical mockery of what its really supposed to be. Remember the ministry of truth in 1984? They often talk about freedoms and then do everything they can to limit the most personal freedoms that government should never be involved in ( sexual orientation, abortion etc). Now we have the most illiterate anti-science people serving on a science committee. Really makes you shake your head.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 06 October 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2884
Joined  2011-08-15

Unfortunately the Constitution doesn’t protect the American people from politicians who have a religious, racist, chauvinistic, homophobic, or xenophobic personal agenda. Remember that he REPRESENTS the electorate who put him in office. Without them he wouldn’t be free to run the halls of congress spouting this tripe. there are only three qualifications for congressional membership and one of them isn’t a college degree. Religious fanatics can run, as well as skeptics who follow facts. Ultimately, it rests with those who want a representative to push their agenda, and committee leaders are usually chosen by seniority and party majority. science education in primary and secondary Ed is the key to an enlightened electorate. They’ll be the future voters who will eventually lead us out of this primitive mindset. They can still worship their god, but not use politics to bolster their dogma.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 06 October 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01

Most of these guys don’t show their crazy side until they get into office. Rick Perry I just heard on the radio about a month ago went off about how the devil had put “Separation of Church and State” put into the constitution. We’ve dodge a lot of political wacko’s this year. Bachman, Newt, Perry, and Cain were all highly religious and partially if not completely insane.

Posted: 06 October 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5165
Joined  2010-06-16

A really distressing thing is the statement that “people get the government they deserve”.  If you check out the video shots of their audience when those crackpot politicians are making statement that are most irrational and completely the opposite of well documented knowledge, you’ll see many of them shaking their heads in agreement. 

Remember, none of these politicians just showed up.  They were all elected by a great many people who believe and share their insanity.

And don’t forget Alan West and Akins.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 October 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3789
Joined  2010-08-15

every time I hear something as stupid and ignorant as can be,
I get snacked with even worse the next day.

So when all the good folks give up out of frustration at the depths of idiocy in places of power and the shear hopelessness of trying to communicate sense to these bastards… blah, blah, blah

... where do we go from here.

Perhaps to the liquor store.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 06 October 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
deros - 06 October 2012 04:20 AM

If you were wondering why we have a do nothing congress, this may help explain why.

hell why beat around the bush.

Here’s what the moron believes:

All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” Broun said. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”
According to Broun, the scientific plot was primarily concerned with hiding the true age of the Earth. Broun serves on the House Science Committee,[...]

“You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth,” he said. “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”

Signature 

Posted: 06 October 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2741
Joined  2011-11-04
citizenschallenge.pm - 06 October 2012 05:24 PM
deros - 06 October 2012 04:20 AM

hell why beat around the bush.

Here’s what the moron believes:

All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” Broun said. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”
According to Broun, the scientific plot was primarily concerned with hiding the true age of the Earth. Broun serves on the House Science Committee,[...]

“You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth,” he said. “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”

Congressman Broun knows that the actual “scientific truth” is that “a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree”.

(quote from a guy named Chuck from another blog.)

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 06 October 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
TimB - 06 October 2012 06:39 PM

can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree”.

I’ll take mine with extra spicy BBQ sauce and lots and lots of beer, perhaps a shot or two.   thank you very much

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  5165
Joined  2010-06-16

I saw his self-description as a scientist so I checked on Wikipedia.  Geez, what kind of curricula must the University of Georgia have if he was able to get a B.S. in chemistry, then go on to get a “doctor of medicine”?  I’ve always believed we need a more educated citizenry, but if that’s what the results of some universities are, I’m really discouraged.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2012-02-02
ExMachina - 06 October 2012 01:33 PM

Most of these guys don’t show their crazy side until they get into office. Rick Perry I just heard on the radio about a month ago went off about how the devil had put “Separation of Church and State” put into the constitution.

I can just feel the stupid radiating from the man.

This separation of church and state, which has been driven by the secularists to remove those people of faith from the public arena, there is nothing farther from the truth. When you think about our founding fathers, they created this country, our Constitution, the foundation of America upon Judeo-Christian values, biblical values and this narrative that has been going on, particularly since the ’60s, that somehow or another there’s this steel wall, this iron curtain or whatever you want to call it between the church and people of faith and this separation of church and state is just false on its face.

Tell you what, Rick, let’s get rid of that whole silly business and to atone for our sins, we’ll make an Ultra-Orthodox Jew President.  See how much you like it when everyone is forced to keep kosher.  Given that in large parts of the South BBQ means pork, and lots of folks like cheese on their burgers, I can’t see this working out too well.