Einstein’s Letter Questioning God Goes Up for Auction
Posted: 06 October 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2010-03-07

[I hope the letter doesn’t get bought off by a conservative Christian group. - Gary]

Einstein’s Letter Questioning God Goes Up for Auction
By Jeanna Bryner, LiveScience Managing Editor | LiveScience.com

http://news.yahoo.com/einsteins-letter-questioning-god-goes-auction-181853204.html

... The private letter written by Einstein expressing his views on God and religion will go up for auction Monday (Oct. 8) on eBay. In the letter, he calls belief in religion and God “pretty childish” and ridicules the idea that the Jews are a chosen people. ...

... In part of his letter, Einstein writes, “For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. ...

... In a March 24, 1954 letter, he is quoted as writing, “It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.” ...

... The letter is in its original envelope, holding a stamp and postmark from Princeton, N.J, where Einstein lived toward the end of his life. ...

more on line…

Posted: 06 October 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Don’t worry…David Barton will buy it and find a way to twist it to say that not only was he hyper religious, he was actually a covert christian!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 06 October 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3250
Joined  2011-08-15

Don’t worry…David Barton will buy it and find a way to twist it to say that not only was he hyper religious, he was actually a covert christian!

[/quote

Then Glenn Beck will dedicate a “special” with Barton debunking Einstein’s theory and crediting it to St. Augustin. Fortunately Barton’s historical spin can be debunked by anyone with a high school textbook and thanks to Chris Roda the spotlight is on his religious wish books. Hopefully he’ll go by the way of Von Danekin.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

‹‹ An Observation      Celebrant training ››