2 of 5
Romney-Ryan Tax
Posted: 20 October 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2220
Joined  2007-04-26
gBob - 20 October 2012 11:41 AM

Macgyver - ” implying that giving jobs to minorities is a bad thing” - didn’t imply that it’s a bad thing, just a true thing ...

gBob I’m surprised at you. You’re not even running for office and you act like a politician. You say one thing and then fail to stand behind what you said.  Your comment that you “didn’t imply that it’s a bad thing, just a true thing” is disingenuous. No one makes a point of something they feel neutral about. Your intent is obvious to us if not to yourself. Perhaps its time for you to do a little self reflection.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3205
Joined  2011-11-04
George - 20 October 2012 10:05 AM

They did screw up with the Benghazi attack, though. I don’t know what the hell they were thinking. Who ever came up with that move will be responsible for Obama losing the election.

Anyone who is so unaware as to think that Romney will do a better job and make fewer mistakes in international relations and as Commander in Chief, deserves to have Romney as their president.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  6135
Joined  2009-02-26

They did screw up with the Benghazi attack, though. I don’t know what the hell they were thinking. Who ever came up with that move will be responsible for Obama losing the election.

There is a single word which has become lost in all this speculation about the state department’s speculation about what happened that fateful day.

I clearly heard the spokesperson say “We “think” it this is what happened, etc.

This was not a statement of fact but an initial assessment during a time of chaos and multiple events happening in Syria. It is no mystery ithat terrorist try to seek out a “soft” target during a time of otherwise spontaneos unrest. An embassy is not a military base, it is a civilian installation to promote communication between countries.
The Lybian government condemned the attacks and there is no indication that it was involved in any of this.

Some undeniable facts,
a) there were protests around the country against that video. It would seem odd that Bengahzi was steeped in traquility that day.
b) There was an attack by armed people, which cannot be identified either way as civilians or para-military (terrorists).

On that particular day it is wholly understandable that these two event would be intuitively linked, but it was made clear that information was stil sketchy and that these were just initial assessments.

But of course it is so convenient to just ignore that little qualifier “think”. By removing that word the statement becomes a statement of fact. But it was there in the original statement.

Then to blame Obama for all of this is just ridiculous. It is impossible to have fortress embassies around the world, when you are trying to project friendship and cooperation.

It is so easy to point the finger, and unpatriotic to even engage in devisive commentary during a time of deep sorrow. “Unpatriotic” is a term coined by Bush after the 9/11 attack, when anyone dared to propose government negligence.

[ Edited: 20 October 2012 02:30 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2007-04-26
TimB - 20 October 2012 02:10 PM

Anyone who is so unaware as to think that Romney will do a better job and make fewer mistakes in international relations and as Commander in Chief, deserves to have Romney as their president.

Yeah. He did an excellent job with international relations with our strongest and oldest ally when he went to the Olympics this past summer.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

What scares me most about Romney is the opportunity to make several Supreme Court picks that could set women’s rights back to the stone ages…or at least to the 19th century….for decades.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

This chart may be of interest,
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Please not that it took nearly twenty years (1939 -1959) to recover from the Great Depression. When Obama started his term the economy was well on its way to becoming another great depression, and yes it has taken 4 years to stop the hemorraghing and begin to recover from several simultaneous financial diasters. Positive signs have slowly increased and if Obama can bring down unemployment by just 1.2% per year in the next 4 years we’d have 4% unemployment, which is a natural number in a thriving economy.
Bill Clinton said that NO ONE could have turned the economy around in a shorter time than Obama. But then of course Bill Clinton had a mistress, so his words don’t count…....duhhhhhhhhh

[ Edited: 20 October 2012 03:38 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2007-04-26
asanta - 20 October 2012 02:43 PM

What scares me most about Romney is the opportunity to make several Supreme Court picks that could set women’s rights back to the stone ages…or at least to the 19th century….for decades.

I agree. Its the Republicans approach to social issues that is so concerning. Republicans would like society to return to the 1940s, which might be fine if you’re a self centered heterosexual white male with a good job but for just about every one else not so much. Women in particular would see big losses in their ability to earn a fair wage and to control their own bodies. As someone with daughters I could never vote for someone who is a member of a party with those values.

Signature 

Posted: 20 October 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-10-13

your explanations as to why the Obama adminstration said or did what is past does not explain why they sent Ambassador Rice out a week later to repeat the known false statement that is was all about the video - add to that, Obama himself referred to the video as cause in his address to the UN General Assembly some three weeks later

which is it guys ? did Obama declare it was a terrorist attact on the second day out in the Rose Garden or didn’t he ?

Posted: 20 October 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
gBob - 20 October 2012 03:06 PM

your explanations as to why the Obama adminstration said or did what is past does not explain why they sent Ambassador Rice out a week later to repeat the known false statement that is was all about the video - add to that, Obama himself referred to the video as cause in his address to the UN General Assembly some three weeks later

which is it guys ? did Obama declare it was a terrorist attact on the second day out in the Rose Garden or didn’t he ?

It was an act of terror, does it matter if it was a civilian or a terrorist who did the killing?  Will it make a difference how we are going to respond?
Should we invade Syria and take care of this matter militarily or shall we quietly find out who did this and make them disappear from this earth?

The political “outrage” is a strawman, invented by people with their own ax to grind. I find it disgusting to make such a big deal about who knew what, when, as if that is some kind of proof of the incompetence of a sitting president who has a clear record of being very effective in finding terrorists and killing them.
I am sure that after this is over we’ll be going back to declaring Obame a non-citizen (born in Hawaii), or a communist (giving ALL the money to the 47% of useless citizens), or another Hitler (who’s intent is the genocide of whites), or (pay attention here) is working hard at self enrichment, because actually he is a closet Capitalist….. give me a break….

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 20 October 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-13

OK, why did they send Rice out a week later and Obama with Clinton make a video for Pakistan to declare it was the product of a response to the offending video ?

Posted: 20 October 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05
gBob - 20 October 2012 04:10 PM

OK, why did they send Rice out a week later and Obama with Clinton make a video for Pakistan to declare it was the product of a response to the offending video ?

Because they are politicians trying to smooth over a volatile situation.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 20 October 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-13
DarronS - 20 October 2012 04:12 PM

how does making known false statements to the American public help smooth over a volatile situation across the globe Darron ?

Posted: 20 October 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05
gBob - 20 October 2012 04:23 PM
DarronS - 20 October 2012 04:12 PM

how does making known false statements to the American public help smooth over a volatile situation across the globe Darron ?

I dunno. You’d have to ask a politician that question. They do it all the time.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 20 October 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  3216
Joined  2011-08-15

If we’re out to play the “blame game” then let’s place the blame where it belongs, on the House Reps. who cut funding for embassy protection then after the attack blamed the Obama administration. And yes, the NEXT day the pres. Announced that this was an act of terror. We’ve all seen the video a hundred times and it’s probably on YouTube by now. The deniers can spin this ad infinitum if they wish but this ain’t 911 and there’s no room for speculation. The fox fanatics can spew venom about how we should have had a brigade of our finest with m60’s aimed at the crowd but that’s not how embassies win friends and influence enemies. Embassies and consulates are generally guarded by a light contingent of troops, in our case Marines, mostly ceremonial but they are authorized to use deadly force if necessary. We rely on the host country for military protection and besides, our ambassador was one of the most experienced reps. in that area and we had no inkling of hostile intentions. We’ll all have to wait for the full report of the tragedy to unfold concerning who knew what, but I suspect we were blindsided in this case. IMO a man with the ambassador’s credentials would have suspected an attack and acted accordingly instead of waiting to the last minute to dive into the safe room. I rather doubt that the republican spin will greatly effect the election now that economic issues are being hammered by the cons and women’s issues are the focus of the dems. Of course, something can always screw things up. Someone could out Romney as gay or find a picture of Obama with the Symbionese Liberation Army robbing a gas station in Okland.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13160257-republicans-blocked-bill-for-embassy-security-then-blames-obama-for-killings-in-benghazi

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 October 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-13

I’ve also seen the video Capt Jack and Obama clearly states that we as a nation will not tolerate acts of terror such as 9/11 - I saw nothing in that video that was Benghazi specific, did you ?

didn’t the State Department report to Congress last week that they had sufficient funds for additional personnel where and as needed ?

2 of 5