5 of 5
Romney-Ryan Tax
Posted: 21 October 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2190
Joined  2007-04-26

With all the important issues that would divide us on which man to vote for instead we are arguing over trivia.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 21 October 2012 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26

gBob,

Rather than focusing on promises broken, lets present a more balanced picture of Obama, can we try?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 21 October 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry as I read the ‘pants on fire’ list.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 22 October 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-10-13
macgyver - 21 October 2012 05:33 PM

With all the important issues that would divide us on which man to vote for instead we are arguing over trivia.

well stated sir

this will be my final post of this subject as I have nothing of substance to add to what has already been said

I acknowledge the the couple of you who showed the wisdom and maturity of having an honest and intelligent conversation with a “right side” guy wink

Posted: 22 October 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  3162
Joined  2011-08-15

@Capt Jack -

I clearly stated that “I personally disagree” which means it is my opinion

Crowley changed her story of “yes that’s what Obama said” on CNN immediately following the debate

many leaders have lied to the American public - you and I have made our determination as to their acceptability as that occurred, now it is time to once again exercise your best judgement

Yes, and I acknowledged your statement as opinion. My statements were essentially aimed at the hyperbole and inuendos in your post. This “he said, she said” is political chaff aimed at the President to discredit his actions and relabel them as ineffective or bungling which they were not. See factcheck for a complete parsing of his statement. It’s clearly evident that he withheld judgement until the investigation was completed. But we’ve already plowed that ground. Also, I purposely refrained from mentioning the WMD from the Bush administration as an example of lying to the public because it’s become cliche’ but what the heck, just for good measure!
I do want to add that I enjoyed the sparring as your posts are free from backpatting, pretentious drivel and offputting smarmy remarks that conservsative posters use for bait on this site. Irt’s refreshing to agree to disagree and there are times when it would be nice to view the other side as the “loyal opposition” once again.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

5 of 5