2 of 2
70 Years without food and water?
Posted: 23 October 2012 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2012-02-02

Ah, yes.  The old Breatharian scam.  Despite the leader being caught eating in late night establishments, the movement continues on.

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
macgyver - 20 October 2012 02:25 PM

Most people cant last more than 3 days without water before going into a coma. Of course that varies a bit depending on the person and the conditions but its a rough max for the average person and I didn’t want to kill the guy.

Just make it 127 hours and make a movie about it.  If he was well hydrated to begin with and slowed his heartbeat with meditation most of the time, I bet he could do it. Though, you’re right, it wouldn’t be ethical to risk his life on it.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 25 October 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

I say, if it’s his idea and he volunteers for it let him sign a bunch of waivers and let him go to town.  He dies, his fault.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 25 October 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2008-04-11

He’ll probably volunteer right after Sylvia Brown signs up to be tested by Randi and the JREF.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04

Well, it is not as dramatic as a human surviving 70 years without food or water. But in Texas, we have a documented case of a horned toad surviving 31 years entombed in the cornerstone/time capsule of a Court building.  Ol’ Rip of Eastland County.  Believe it or not.

http://www.texasescapes.com/FEATURES/Believe_It/Ol’_Rip/feature_night_of_the_Iguana.htm

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Neat.  And why not?  Tardigrades can survive over a century without water.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

2 of 2

‹‹ UFOs      Two Psychics Fail Scientific Test ››