1 of 2
Romney endorses Obama’s policies.
Posted: 22 October 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26

Watching the last “debate”,  Romney agreed with every policy Obama has put in place, but qualified it that he would have done them sooner and better. of course there was no explanation of how he would have done them better or could have done them sooner.
In fact Romney never introduced anything that was different than the policies which Obama has already installed. He just spun them in different wording.

In the absence of anything new and the general agreement with Obama’s policies, there is only one conclusion, Romney’s arguments endorsed Obama’s policies!

[ Edited: 22 October 2012 08:53 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 23 October 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3163
Joined  2011-08-15

Just another example of out new dealing the new dealers! Windell Wilkie tried this against Franklin Rooseveltin the 1940 election. In short, what you’re doing is ok but we can do it better!  Of course, Wilkie lost.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 October 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Thevillageatheist - 23 October 2012 08:54 AM

Just another example of out new dealing the new dealers! Windell Wilkie tried this against Franklin Rooseveltin the 1940 election. In short, what you’re doing is ok but we can do it better!  Of course, Wilkie lost.

Cap’t Jack

Yes, but Roosevelt was white. There are plenty of people who are vocal about voting for Romney because he is not black. I’ve seen plenty of t-shirts with the message “put the white back in the White House” worn by idiots who don’t even know how it got the name ‘White House’.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 23 October 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3349
Joined  2007-11-21

How is it that President Obama doesn’t know what “geopolitical” means?

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

There’s quite a difference between not knowing the definition of a term and recognizing that someone else is using it incorrectly or at best sloppily, so asking what the person means by it.

Oh, and how do you define it, Bryan (no fair going to Wikipedia or similar and posting their generally agreed upon definition.)?

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-11-21
Occam. - 23 October 2012 10:19 AM

There’s quite a difference between not knowing the definition of a term and recognizing that someone else is using it incorrectly or at best sloppily, so asking what the person means by it.

Oh, and how do you define it, Bryan (no fair going to Wikipedia or similar and posting their generally agreed upon definition.)?

Occam

Oops, I already broke your rule last week.  Sorry.  But the word roots make the meaning pretty plain regardless (so that a smart person like the president should be able to figure it out).

The president has been trying to make light of Romney calling Russia our number one “geopolitical foe” for some time.  He brought it up again during the third debate, appearing to suggest that Romney is foolish for not regarding al Qaeda as our number one geopolitical foe.  Yet al Qaida is not a geopolitical entity.  Lacking a set geographical location is the foundation for their method of asymmetrical warfare.

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

I wasn’t suggesting that the president didn’t know the meaning, but rather that Romney may not have had a precise understanding of it.

Geopolitical refers to geographic areas, not necessarily specific boundaries.  Al Qaeda may cross country borders, but it’s certainly located in certain areas (Not Australia, China, South America, Canada, . . . ) so geopolitical does seem to fit.

And don’t worry Bryan, you break most of my rules almost constantly.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3163
Joined  2011-08-15

Yes, but Roosevelt was white. There are plenty of people who are vocal about voting for Romney because he is not black. I’ve seen plenty of t-shirts with the message “put the white back in the White House” worn by idiots who don’t even know how it got the name ‘White House’.

I haven’t seen the shirts but I have heard the comment made on more than one occasion. Also the comment “that ain’t the black house” made by a fellow teacher. Racism isn’t dead yet.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-11-21
Occam. - 23 October 2012 11:01 AM

I wasn’t suggesting that the president didn’t know the meaning, but rather that Romney may not have had a precise understanding of it.

Geopolitical refers to geographic areas, not necessarily specific boundaries.  Al Qaeda may cross country borders, but it’s certainly located in certain areas (Not Australia, China, South America, Canada, . . . ) so geopolitical does seem to fit.

That definition makes me a geopolitical entity.

Are you serious?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/geopolitical_entity

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Bryan - 23 October 2012 11:42 AM

Which one are you? A nation or a region?  grin

Posted: 23 October 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

Thank you for the reference, Bryan, however, apparently you didn’t read it yourself prior to listing it since it clearly validates my definition. smile

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2007-11-21
Occam. - 23 October 2012 06:40 PM

Thank you for the reference, Bryan, however, apparently you didn’t read it yourself prior to listing it since it clearly validates my definition. smile

Occam

It does?

What geographical area is associated with al Qaeda’s, uh, “political structure”?

How does the definition fit al Qaida any better than it does me when I’m sitting in my office?

Are you serious?

Posted: 23 October 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26
Bryan - 23 October 2012 09:54 AM

Let me guess….....Obama was born in Hawaii, and therefore he is not a real US citizen. It’s not like he is a graduate of one of the greatest Law schools. In his current job the word geopolitical is never used. How can he be expected to understand the legal definition of geopolitical?

Bryan, I don’t know why you would ask such a question?

[ Edited: 23 October 2012 07:26 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 23 October 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2007-11-21
Write4U - 23 October 2012 07:18 PM
Bryan - 23 October 2012 09:54 AM

Let me guess….....Obama was born in Hawaii, and therefore he is not a real US citizen. It’s not like he is a graduate of one of the greatest Law schools. In his current job the word geopolitical is never used. How can he be expected to understand the legal definition of geopolitical?

Bryan, I don’t know why you would ask such a question?

Other than the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii and therefore not a U.S. citizen (?!), it has to do with this:

OBAMA: Governor Romney, I’m glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia, in the 1980s, they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.

This was a rehearsed talking point, and it suggests that President Obama thinks that al Qaeda is the greatest geopolitical threat to the United States despite the fact that al Qaeda is not a geopolitical entity (unless you buy Occam’s explanation, which makes absolutely every social structure located someplace in the universe a “geopolitical entity”).  Geopolitical entities are political structures that control territory, like nations, provinces and cities.  The city of AlQaedaville is a geopolitical entity.  Except it doesn’t exist.  If AlQaedaville existed then Commander in Chief Obama would destroy it and then remind us of it every other speech (if there was an election coming up).

Posted: 23 October 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2007-11-21
George - 23 October 2012 12:46 PM
Bryan - 23 October 2012 11:42 AM

Which one are you? A nation or a region?  grin

I’m located in a certain area (not Australia, South America, etc.) just like Occam says of al Qaida. 

I can’t tell if you’re joking.  I don’t meet my definition of a geopolitical entity.  I meet the one Occam’s selling.

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Well, Occam was talking about geographic areas, so I was just wondering what type of a geographic area you were.

1 of 2