2 of 3
Trump makes an ass of himself again.
Posted: 04 November 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  2011-11-04
asanta - 04 November 2012 12:01 AM

Isn’t Cuban a republican?

I would call him an independent.  Some say he is a libertarian.  He doesn’t appear to vote in primaries.  He voted for Obama in ‘08.  He has criticized Obama’s performance (IMO, some reasonable criticisms).  He has also clearly asserted that we are beter off than we were 4 years ago.  He has donated to members of both of the main parties (but not vast amounts, at least not considering his own net worth), when he purportedly believes in that individual.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 04 November 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

He’s also a pretty good skeptic. I watch The Shark Tank, and occasionally people bring in scams or pseudoscience for the sharks to review as an investment. He not only calls them on it, he warns the other not so skeptical sharks. They have all (as far as I have seen) been shown the door. I wonder who does the screening for those to get through?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 04 November 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  447
Joined  2012-02-02
asanta - 04 November 2012 04:40 PM

He’s also a pretty good skeptic. I watch The Shark Tank, and occasionally people bring in scams or pseudoscience for the sharks to review as an investment. He not only calls them on it, he warns the other not so skeptical sharks. They have all (as far as I have seen) been shown the door. I wonder who does the screening for those to get through?

Someone who is more interested in what “looks good on TV,” than what works.  They might even know that the invention is a scam, but think seeing Cuban rip someone a new one is entertaining.

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 05 November 2012 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Cuban strikes me as still a bit of a populist rich kid, but a basically decent person.  If all the uber-wealthy were no more malevolent than he, I think that our society would be much better off than it is.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 07 November 2012 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24

Trump is not taking it well.

http://natmonitor.com/2012/11/07/donald-trump-calls-for-revolution-after-election-results/

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 07 November 2012 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2009-02-26
mid atlantic - 07 November 2012 03:52 AM

Trump is not taking it well.

http://natmonitor.com/2012/11/07/donald-trump-calls-for-revolution-after-election-results/

Aaaawwwwwwwwww…...... vampire

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 07 November 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  3254
Joined  2011-08-15

How can a man so wealthy be so pig ignorant? If this the epitome of the 1%ers then who’s actually running the mega corporations? His fox quote about the electoral college is patently false. The electoral college vote is directly tied to the popular vote now as I’m certain that everyone on this site knows. Each state gets a number of votes depending on their reps. And senators. BOTH parties have electors and a majority of votes for either dem. or rep. Gets the college vote. It’s indirect but controlled by the people and until it is amended to include only the popular vote it’s the law Donald, so get over it. His us v. Them attitude is divisive and indicates that the old white boys want their power back. Screw em’ and their super pacs, we won. Prove your loyalty to OUR country now and work together with the Pres. There’s much to be done, and no more Mitch McConnell BS.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 07 November 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

Trump calls for revolution after election results

New York real estate mogul Donald Trump is venting his frustration at the outcome of the 2012 presidential election on Twitter. After learning that CNN and Fox News had projected an Obama victory, Mr. Trump expressed his disgust in 140 characters or less.

“He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!,” the reality TV star tweeted. At the time of his tweet, Mr. Romney was winning the popular vote but POLITICO’s election map reveals that the president is now leading the former governor of Massachusetts.

“The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!” Mr. Trump also tweeted.

What a maroon.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 07 November 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
DarronS - 07 November 2012 04:44 AM

What a maroon.

Even more so because Obama won the popular vote as well. Trump apparently doesn’t realize that Californians vote Obama.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Besides, we’ll never get a Constitutional amendment to eliminate the Electoral College.  The way it’s structured to include the two senators in the count means that those states with lower populations have more voting power than the more populous ones.  There’s no way the twenty-five states with less than median population will ever vote for an amendment that would take away their voting advantage.

All we can hope for is that the 1%ers have enough inbreeding that (to use George’s ideas) their average IQ drifts down significantly (as Trump’s has) so they will no longer know enough to use their inheritances to control the government.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Pfeh.  Wyoming should not have as much say as New Jersey.  Want more of a say?  Then get more people to live in your shitty state.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 07 November 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Occam. - 07 November 2012 10:33 AM

Besides, we’ll never get a Constitutional amendment to eliminate the Electoral College.  The way it’s structured to include the two senators in the count means that those states with lower populations have more voting power than the more populous ones.  There’s no way the twenty-five states with less than median population will ever vote for an amendment that would take away their voting advantage.

All we can hope for is that the 1%ers have enough inbreeding that (to use George’s ideas) their average IQ drifts down significantly (as Trump’s has) so they will no longer know enough to use their inheritances to control the government.

Occam

Yeah 3/4ths of the states will not be for eliminating the electoral college.  And I hope that the 1%ers who threw away close to a billion $$ trying to take down Obama, feel at least a bit of a sting.

Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

But you have to give them credit for contributing that much to the communication industry economy.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 November 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  447
Joined  2012-02-02
Thevillageatheist - 07 November 2012 04:25 AM

How can a man so wealthy be so pig ignorant? If this the epitome of the 1%ers then who’s actually running the mega corporations? His fox quote about the electoral college is patently false. The electoral college vote is directly tied to the popular vote now as I’m certain that everyone on this site knows. Each state gets a number of votes depending on their reps. And senators. BOTH parties have electors and a majority of votes for either dem. or rep. Gets the college vote. It’s indirect but controlled by the people and until it is amended to include only the popular vote it’s the law Donald, so get over it. His us v. Them attitude is divisive and indicates that the old white boys want their power back. Screw em’ and their super pacs, we won. Prove your loyalty to OUR country now and work together with the Pres. There’s much to be done, and no more Mitch McConnell BS.

Cap’t Jack

To paraphrase Malcolm Forbes, Trump earned his money the hard way, he inherited it.  A former boss of mine worked with Trump in the 70s/80s.  He had no kind words to say about the man.  According to him, Trump structures all his deals so that he’s not on the hook for any losses, but takes the lion’s share of any profits.

And, as someone who worked for a company which supplied the 1% with “toys,” I can honestly say that many of them are that stupid.  They live in an isolated bubble, and have nothing that average people would recognize as “normal human contact” with anyone.  Interestingly enough, many of their staff have no problem telling you all about how exactly stupid their boss is.

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 07 November 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Coldheart Tucker - 07 November 2012 05:15 PM
Thevillageatheist - 07 November 2012 04:25 AM

Cap’t Jack

To paraphrase Malcolm Forbes, Trump earned his money the hard way, he inherited it.  A former boss of mine worked with Trump in the 70s/80s.  He had no kind words to say about the man.  According to him, Trump structures all his deals so that he’s not on the hook for any losses, but takes the lion’s share of any profits…

Like Bain Capital’s model, structure deals in which you are guaranteed to bring in lots of money with no risk to themselves.  IMO, Trump is a symptom of a serious dysfunction in our society’s economic system.  Person’s who are in it primarily just for themselves, don’t have to produce anything beyond extending their own personal wealth, and can manipulate the risks so that they are only borne by others.

Signature 

2 of 3