21 of 26
Is Atheism doomed to extinction?
Posted: 18 November 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3253
Joined  2011-08-15

L Ron Hubbard was a lousy prophet and a lousy sci-fi writer. Gene ran circles around him.

Here freeeeeekin here! Couldn’t make heads or tails of dianetics but Roddenbery’s stuff was awe inspiring.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 November 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02
Thevillageatheist - 18 November 2012 07:13 PM

L Ron Hubbard was a lousy prophet and a lousy sci-fi writer. Gene ran circles around him.

Here freeeeeekin here! Couldn’t make heads or tails of dianetics but Roddenbery’s stuff was awe inspiring.

Cap’t Jack

Oh yeah!  Gene was a true “prophet” for humanism and preached it very well.  LOL

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 18 November 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2012-11-13
Mriana - 18 November 2012 06:01 PM

Since our guest like Star Trek so much, here is another scene from TNG that he might enjoy watching too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NPq_kPSUM&

Just for more fun, here’s yet another fascinating one from TNG (sorry I couldn’t find the English version, but Kami works too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiQxA1WnV98

Then there is “Who Mourns for Adonis”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGK3fuD5Kw

Of course there are more episodes in which the Enterprise crew defeats so-called gods.  If you really think that Sci-fi predicts various things and you love Gene Roddenberry as much as you say you do, then you would know, he was a humanist and filled the show with humanistic philosophy and science, disproving the gods in various episodes.

Where did you get the idea I liked Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek when all I did was say Forbidden Planet was it’s predecessor and prototype. I actually found Star Trek and the whole Trekkie business (and it was business) too boring for sustained watching like so many who became addicted to this window into the human future. There’s good science fiction and bad, good ideas and probably bad ones too presented in science fiction. The point is not to take each future vision produced by visionaries but to see that this is the way now human beings learn new things and in the ancient world this role was filled by spiritual avatars and prophesy bearers. No one but Greeks were writing good fiction so most other ancients relied on their religious mythologies to bring them news of how the world works and humankind’s place in it.

Posted: 18 November 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02
arielmessenger - 18 November 2012 08:45 PM

Since our guest like Star Trek so much, here is another scene from TNG that he might enjoy watching too:

Just for more fun, here’s yet another fascinating one from TNG (sorry I couldn’t find the English version, but Kami works too):

Of course there are more episodes in which the Enterprise crew defeats so-called gods.  If you really think that Sci-fi predicts various things and you love Gene Roddenberry as much as you say you do, then you would know, he was a humanist and filled the show with humanistic philosophy and science, disproving the gods in various episodes.

Where did you get the idea I liked Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek when all I did was say Forbidden Planet was it’s predecessor and prototype. I actually found Star Trek and the whole Trekkie business (and it was business) too boring for sustained watching like so many who became addicted to this window into the human future. There’s good science fiction and bad, good ideas and probably bad ones too presented in science fiction. The point is not to take each future vision produced by visionaries but to see that this is the way now human beings learn new things and in the ancient world this role was filled by spiritual avatars and prophesy bearers. No one but Greeks were writing good fiction so most other ancients relied on their religious mythologies to bring them news of how the world works and humankind’s place in it.

Too boring?  Now I know you don’t know good sci-fi if you thought Trek (good sci-fi BTW) was boring.  That and you don’t know a thing about Gene Roddenberry either.  If it wasn’t good sci-fi then it wouldn’t have become popular around the world, among other things.  Also, Greeks were writing about their religious mythology.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  2011-11-04

Ariel, you proposed a million man march on Meggido, for Christmas, that will somehow expose the fraudulence of and bring down the Abrahamic religions, and bring peace to the world.  That seems suspiciously like poor science fiction to me.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

I shoud have said poor fantasy fiction, as there is no apparent science involved.  (Or if you really believe what you are saying, about an armageddon for peace, the words ‘grandiose” and “delusional” come to mind.)

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
Write4U - 18 November 2012 03:29 AM

arielmessenger
Judging from the continuation of faulty reasoning by atheists here I will again take you guys through the logical steps that destroy the atheist philosophical paradigm.

And, pray tell, what is the atheist philosophical paradigm?

the logic of history that says what human know today is never the end of knowledge acquisition for human beings, that to hold such an irrational argument against future human powers based on knowledge we as yet do not possess but that certainly does not rule out what we will know and can do with what we know in the future.

And that is your proof of God?
Moreover, your implied suggestion that future human powers can make us gods actually supports the theoretical and applied sciences, not a god.
Prayer (almost) certainly won’t get you there, no matter how hard you try.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do,k because I go to My Father.”—John 14:12

Jesus healed people miraculously. Today, doctors routinely heal people who if ancients witnessed them do so would ascribe to them the same power of God that was ascribed to Jesus. Today, 2012, there is a very serious effort by the Japanese to resurrect a mammoth dead for over 30,000 years. It may very well be that everything and everywhere leaves a hologramic record of its existence in the fabric of time and space and it is only a matter of technology before retrieval of life that has quit functioning. I mentioned the Krell Machine that can transform thought into matter as being the essential description of God. I haven’t said one word about help from a supernatural Being because I don’t have to. God is fully aware of the need for modern minds to have something more than unbelievable stories to convince people of spiritual reality so now prophesy bearing in Christianity is about spiritual revolution, ending the false Abrahamic religions while acknowledging their role as spiritual packhorses bringing the essential spiritual Message through the millennia to our times and to future generations. God has created a bridge now between God and Humanity that creates the Christian Humanist who now knows We are Holy One and God and Humanity are inexorably united together as One.

Yes, I am a prophet of God and this is the first time God has chosen a polymath visionary to bring holistic guidance to humanity. God has given me Gifts to share with all of humankind. Please go to http://biomystic.org and there find The Gospel of Humanity in The Aquariana Key book. Also you find the Celestial Torah Christianity section which brings a brand new yet very ancient astro-theological paradigm back into the Abrahamic religious traditions. You find the way God has been creating Humanitarian Models through the millennia for people learn from in God’s master Plan to evolve human beings into humane beings.  Look too at Climax Social Evolution Theory that is the secular paradigm of all my social change and environmental protection work as well as forming a most elegantly simple formula for explaining the rise and fall of civilizations and for judging the sustainability of anything human beings make or do.

Because most of you are spiritually disabled and do not recognize your disability I expect you won’t be able control your anger at me and read my website book material with any sort of objectivity. There’s nothing like it under the sun, a real new Christianity has been born and not one that tries to remake the fictional story of a fictional super being into a believable sage healer, no, we are beyond that. My job is to restore ancient celestial knowledge and give hope for the masses of people who still need God’s guidance as we all do because God and humanity are one and the same at the “End of Days”. Our future selves have sent back angels down the time line to guide the prophets who in turn guide the masses of people. You’ll learn all this in The Aquariana Key.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
Mriana - 18 November 2012 08:59 PM
arielmessenger - 18 November 2012 08:45 PM

Too boring?  Now I know you don’t know good sci-fi if you thought Trek (good sci-fi BTW) was boring.  That and you don’t know a thing about Gene Roddenberry either.  If it wasn’t good sci-fi then it wouldn’t have become popular around the world, among other things.  Also, Greeks were writing about their religious mythology.

I’m sorry but I got my fill of watching science fiction as a kid watching movies like Forbidden Planet. On TV, we kids watched Space Patrol so when Star Trek came along I had no patience for more such fantasy. While I was an atheist I was a science-fiction addict, read most all the Sci-Fi greats but after my religious conversion experience I lost interest in Sci-Fi pretty much. I enjoyed Avatar only because of advancement in animation that is approaching a level where I could seriously consider animating my psychedelic masterpiece which you will find as one of my Aquariana Gifts to humanity. Actually, I need a Krell Machine because there’s really no way to animate psychedelic image complexity physically. My painting is like a Matthew Brady black and white photo compared to Avatar in terms of reproducing the intense detail of psychedelic visions. Look at Tibetan Buddhist paintings that given a more accurate picture the detail I’m talking about.

The Firefly series, now that was good art and good story telling. Beat all those other Star Trekkie shows by miles.

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Ariel, I don’t know if I am spiritually challenged, but I am pretty sure that I am not angry with you.  My inference that you have delusions of grandeur, is not meant to convey animosity.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Signature 

Posted: 18 November 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

I agree, that the Firefly series was excellent.

Signature 

Posted: 18 November 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Total Posts:  4573
Joined  2007-08-31
arielmessenger - 18 November 2012 09:32 PM

Yes, I am a prophet of God and this is the first time God has chosen a polymath visionary to bring holistic guidance to humanity. God has given me Gifts to share with all of humankind.

Then I guess you will not be open to rational arguments. I sincerely hope you have not alienated all people already from you, and that some of those really care for you. And I even more hope that you will not be the grounder of a new sect. Scientology, mormonism and so are already more than most people here can bear.

You will not find open ears for your messages here.

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 19 November 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2009-02-26
GdB - 18 November 2012 11:54 PM

Yes, I am a prophet of God and this is the first time God has chosen a polymath visionary to bring holistic guidance to humanity. God has given me Gifts to share with all of humankind.

Then I guess you will not be open to rational arguments. I sincerely hope you have not alienated all people already from you, and that some of those really care for you. And I even more hope that you will not be the grounder of a new sect. Scientology, mormonism and so are already more than most people here can bear.

You will not find open ears for your messages here.

arielmessenger
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”—John 14:12

GdB,.... he is John reincarnate through nano technology, very spiritual. You see, people in the future are able to recreate everything and actually did send John (arielmessenger) back in time to help us in our quest to become gods.

They first had to go back to biblical times to retrieve some of John’s DNA, from which they created arielmessenger. Can’t you tell? He looks just like John of old.

Of course its possible they made a mistake and recreated Ariel, the little mermaid. Now that would be something.

[ Edited: 19 November 2012 01:13 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 19 November 2012 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2009-02-26

But this may shed some light on the future of (atheistic) science and the ethical implications of limitless power.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/what-future-be-like.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foldit

http://eterna.cmu.edu/web/

[ Edited: 19 November 2012 03:20 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24
Write4U - 18 November 2012 03:29 AM

arielmessenger
Judging from the continuation of faulty reasoning by atheists here I will again take you guys through the logical steps that destroy the atheist philosophical paradigm.

And, pray tell, what is the atheist philosophical paradigm?

the logic of history that says what human know today is never the end of knowledge acquisition for human beings, that to hold such an irrational argument against future human powers based on knowledge we as yet do not possess but that certainly does not rule out what we will know and can do with what we know in the future.

And that is your proof of God?
Moreover, your implied suggestion that future human powers can make us gods actually supports the theoretical and applied sciences, not a god.
Prayer (almost) certainly won’t get you there, no matter how hard you try.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do,k because I go to My Father.”—John 14:12

Jesus healed people miraculously. Today, doctors routinely heal people who if ancients witnessed them do so would ascribe to them the same power of God that was ascribed to Jesus. Today, 2012, there is a very serious effort by the Japanese to resurrect a mammoth dead for over 30,000 years. It may very well be that everything and everywhere leaves a hologramic record of its existence in the fabric of time and space and it is only a matter of technology before retrieval of life that has quit functioning. I mentioned the Krell Machine that can transform thought into matter as being the essential description of God. I haven’t said one word about help from a supernatural Being because I don’t have to. God is fully aware of the need for modern minds to have something more than unbelievable stories to convince people of spiritual reality so now prophesy bearing in Christianity is about spiritual revolution, ending the false Abrahamic religions while acknowledging their role as spiritual packhorses bringing the essential spiritual Message through the millennia to our times and to future generations. God has created a bridge now between God and Humanity that creates the Christian Humanist who now knows We are Holy One and God and Humanity are inexorably united together as One.

Yes, I am a prophet of God and this is the first time God has chosen a polymath visionary to bring holistic guidance to humanity. God has given me Gifts to share with all of humankind. Please go to http://biomystic.org and there find The Gospel of Humanity in The Aquariana Key book. Also you find the Celestial Torah Christianity section which brings a brand new yet very ancient astro-theological paradigm back into the Abrahamic religious traditions. You find the way God has been creating Humanitarian Models through the millennia for people learn from in God’s master Plan to evolve human beings into humane beings.  Look too at Climax Social Evolution Theory that is the secular paradigm of all my social change and environmental protection work as well as forming a most elegantly simple formula for explaining the rise and fall of civilizations and for judging the sustainability of anything human beings make or do.

Because most of you are spiritually disabled and do not recognize your disability I expect you won’t be able control your anger at me and read my website book material with any sort of objectivity. There’s nothing like it under the sun, a real new Christianity has been born and not one that tries to remake the fictional story of a fictional super being into a believable sage healer, no, we are beyond that. My job is to restore ancient celestial knowledge and give hope for the masses of people who still need God’s guidance as we all do because God and humanity are one and the same at the “End of Days”. Our future selves have sent back angels down the time line to guide the prophets who in turn guide the masses of people. You’ll learn all this in The Aquariana Key.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, we are spiritually disabled, and we will suffer without your guidance.

You have been banned from other (religious) forums for your prophetic efforts. http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20399

We seem to have the same insane behavior from you here.  You cannot be taken seriously, except in your own mind.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Total Posts:  4858
Joined  2007-10-05
mid atlantic - 19 November 2012 04:29 AM

We seem to have the same insane behavior from you here.  You cannot be taken seriously, except in your own mind.

Insane being the key word. We may be dealing with a mentally ill person.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

21 of 26