25 of 26
Is Atheism doomed to extinction?
Posted: 21 November 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 361 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5176
Joined  2010-06-16

Quoting Arielmessenger:

(yes, my IQ is in the genius range)

.  Big deal, do you realize that quite a few of us here fit into that category?  There’s not a high correlation between IQ, (to some extent inherent neural ablity, and to a large extent education), and logical/critical thinking (training).  And there’s definitely no correlation between IQ and level of mental adjustment/delusion. 

You may feel your statement was a strong argument by authority in your favor, but it’s really meaningless.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 21 November 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
Total Posts:  4375
Joined  2007-08-31
arielmessenger - 21 November 2012 02:56 PM

500+ at one time at Easter where one of the visions God had me fashion so wowed Nazarean Christians that they honored me at in the Church of St. John’s courtyard at the end of the annual Easter Procession through Nazareth, Israel.
I’ve had tea with the Melkite Greek Orthodox Archbishop of the whole Holy Land Diocese and two Palestinian peace organizations have also honored my work. One of the Lakota’s top leaders is my friend and there too my spiritual visionary work moves along despite all your atheists belittling of stuff you have no idea what’s going on because you’re all outsiders to spiritual experience and yet, like fools, you still think you are qualified to make judgments of those not spiritually disabled like yourselves..

Then keep up the good work… at places where you have a better payoff than here.

For somebody calling himself ‘spiritual’, I am astonished how angry you are, and that you seem to look for places where you can create conflicts. For somebody who ‘dwells in truth’, you show a hell of a lot arrogance (instead of tolerance to us, sinners…), and one of the most definite signs of it is also trying to convince with mentioning of facts that support how great you are. Greatness shows, and is not argued for. Oh no, you are not spiritual at all, you are just another rascal.

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 22 November 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20
TimB - 21 November 2012 11:31 AM
arielmessenger - 21 November 2012 01:12 AM

[
... you don’t even know the Christian metaphysical world view because it buried from traditional view, and that includes atheists as well, in coded form within the Bible and especially New Testament? ....

Oh dear, is this another Ectocorngod-like phenomena?

I don’t think so, I really felt uncomfortable about that he obviously was not well.

Stephen

Posted: 22 November 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Total Posts:  2779
Joined  2011-11-04

just another rascal… yep…  that sounds right.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 22 November 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
StephenLawrence - 22 November 2012 12:16 AM

[
... you don’t even know the Christian metaphysical world view because it buried from traditional view, and that includes atheists as well, in coded form within the Bible and especially New Testament? ....

I don’t think so, I really felt uncomfortable about that he obviously was not well.

Stephen

Which one?  The ectocorngod guy or ariel?

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 22 November 2012 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20
TimB - 22 November 2012 12:18 AM

[

Stephen

I really was worried about the ectocorngod. On expressing it I became a little concerned that I’d draw a quip like this.

Stephen

Posted: 22 November 2012 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
StephenLawrence - 22 November 2012 12:32 AM
TimB - 22 November 2012 12:18 AM

[

Stephen

I really was worried about the ectocorngod. On expressing it I became a little concerned that I’d draw a quip like this.

Stephen

I apologize for being obtuse.  A quip like what?

Signature 

Posted: 23 November 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Oh no, you are not spiritual at all, you are just another rascal con artist

There…fixed! wink

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 23 November 2012 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2012-11-15
TimB - 20 November 2012 07:03 PM
DarronS - 20 November 2012 06:50 PM
TimB - 20 November 2012 06:47 PM

The scientific revolution could have come earlier in Europe (EXCEPT FOR THE CHURCH).  Copernicus got his ideas from elsewhere, long before he published that the universe does not revolve around the Earth.  It was only at his death that the publication came out, as he was in fear of the Church branding him as a heretic.

Like what the Catholic Church did to Giordano Bruno?

Right.  Relgion, spirtuality, and other sorts of superstitious hogwash did not create the scientific revolution in Europe.  It was a strong opponent and impediment.  The religious, Godly-inspired folks of the time, murdered Bruno for suggesting that the sun is a star.

This is simply not true. It was the Judeo-Christian tradition and thinking which helped create the Age of Enlightenment in Europe. Newton was driven by curiosity to understand God’s creation. The same applies to Galileo, Kepler, Leibniz, Maxwell, Mendel, Pasteur, Lemaître and many others. There never was one Christian belief and one uniform Christian Church. It is true that those who held power in the Vatican lacked centuries behind in their way of thinking and committed atrocious crimes, but this is why Martin Luther disagreed and wanted change, and why Bruno, Galileo and others disagreed as well. Even priests and bishops within the Catholic Church. If you reduce Christianity to those who held the most darkest thoughts of all dark ages thinking, you are simply distorting reality and have very little understanding of history. Simple black and white thinking i.e. atheism is brilliant and superior while religion is stupid hogwash is actually a kind of primitive thinking Bush and lots of the Christian fundamentalist bunch subscribe to. Why make the world more complicated? There is good and there is evil. I am right and you are wrong. I own the truth and you don’t. Yet Einstein reminds us to ‘make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.’ This applies to the history of religion as well.

[ Edited: 23 November 2012 07:10 AM by dansmith62 ]

Posted: 23 November 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

This is simply not true.

Actually it is.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 23 November 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2012-11-15
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 23 November 2012 07:09 AM

This is simply not true.

Actually it is.

It won’t become true by simply stating it.

Posted: 23 November 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

It won’t become true by simply stating it.

It was already true long before I stated it. I can read history. Warts and all, including ths stuff I wish wasn’t true. You should try it some time.

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14
arielmessenger - 21 November 2012 02:56 PM

Your post accurately reflects atheist stupidity that neglects to research the data base before marching off with the wrong conclusions. If you had read my posts you would have discovered that I said I was an atheist until age 35.

What?  Name-calling?  I’m shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!

Actually I did read your post.  Remember I asked you to explain more clearly what you meant and you ignored me, TWICE?  It’s just that I have often heard Christians CLAIM that they “used to be” atheists, and I have learned to take this with a grain of salt.  For example, you keep on claiming atheism is a religion and a philosophical stance, when we have told you repeatedly that it is is NEITHER!  Put that in your “genius IQ” and smoke it!  smile

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

Ariel’s a genius?  We need to raise the standards on IQ tests.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 27 November 2012 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2012-10-26

Is Atheism doomed to extinction?

Don’t we have to be realistic here smile
Does atheism really exists?

What we have is individual persons that lack belief in gods.

Sure we have in USoA groups like American Atheist.
Atheist Alliance and CFI and AHA and so on.

But atheism only exists as a kind of lose NGO activism?

Compared to religion as an organized body we are extremely small.
And a lot of atheists belong to the group dictionary atheists that
seems to strongly discourage any political engagement?

And what about all the apatheistic atheists? Are they not in majority?
Almost no activist atheist cares about the majority of atheists.

How fair is that? Yeah I know apatheist are not caring either
but that is their default position so that is not to be expected
but an activist is by definition somebody who are passionate
about a cause so why would them not care about the majority
of atheists? Very odd to me.

25 of 26