RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7918
Joined  2009-02-26
coral star - 26 November 2014 03:29 PM
StephenLawrence - 26 November 2014 12:55 AM
coral star - 25 November 2014 04:26 AM
StephenLawrence - 24 November 2014 08:59 PM
coral star - 23 November 2014 06:04 PM

So if you worked for NASA 50,000 or 100,000 years in Earths future, would you help design this rovers DNA?

If you say yes, then you yourself would be an intelligent designer.

Well I am an intelligent designer, there is no dispute about that.

Anyhow my question was ‘do you think God just set up the initial conditions and laws of physics so that life would get started and evolution would take place’, or do you think he ‘interferes with the process’.

From what you’ve written I’m guessing you think he interferes with the process.

Actually If the human race could build a spacecraft, that could travel to a planet with even remotely similar conditions to Earth, and set up colonies of life, that would now morph because their DNA would respond to very different living natural conditions, that the builders of that spacecraft, would have brought life to a lifeless place, thus the human race has within itself the power of God.  This would also be what past ocean explorers did to Komoto island, when they released goats, so they could breed and there would be a food source for harvest when they returned.  The above process is in my opinion and Hawking’s as well, the only way that the human race can survive, because our planet and sun are just not a forever thing.  Thus either we leave, or we perish at some point, if the laws of cosmology are the same at the other side of the galaxy, and there are intelligent life forms there, they would have reached the same conclusion, from their understanding of the laws of physics.

As to your direct question, you might find a competent and clear answer from a creationist who is sure that they know everything, about everything, all the way back to the creation of everything. I do not have these answers, however as I have pointed out above, there is no logical reason that evolution caused by the DNA code process, could not adapt life to another planet, of which there are billions just like ours, though very far apart.

Look forward, create a future that is brighter than the past, is that not the goal of goodness and the message that we should be bringing to the universe?

Look forward, the future awaits and is bright for those who will foster the love of life everywhere.

So you say you believe in intelligent design but since you have no idea what role the designer plays it turns out to be meaningless

I have never said that I believe in ID, chiefly because some who do believe in ID, believe that God created the universe on day one, and finished the entire job a week later, I do not believe this, I also understand that evolution is real, and that it was in my opinion created, by a benevolent power.

Good, you now have at least admitted to the flaws in the Intelligen Design argument. Moreover it seems you are now conceding that Evolution is real. We are starting to make some progress.

But that will not get you off the hook, just yet.
Define this Benevolent Power and present supporting evidence and show how this relates to the exercise of Free Will in humans and not in non-human animals..

[ Edited: 28 November 2014 05:29 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 28 November 2014 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1082 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2014-11-21
Write4U - 28 November 2014 05:19 AM
coral star - 26 November 2014 03:29 PM
StephenLawrence - 26 November 2014 12:55 AM
coral star - 25 November 2014 04:26 AM
StephenLawrence - 24 November 2014 08:59 PM
coral star - 23 November 2014 06:04 PM

So if you worked for NASA 50,000 or 100,000 years in Earths future, would you help design this rovers DNA?

If you say yes, then you yourself would be an intelligent designer.

Well I am an intelligent designer, there is no dispute about that.

Anyhow my question was ‘do you think God just set up the initial conditions and laws of physics so that life would get started and evolution would take place’, or do you think he ‘interferes with the process’.

From what you’ve written I’m guessing you think he interferes with the process.

Actually If the human race could build a spacecraft, that could travel to a planet with even remotely similar conditions to Earth, and set up colonies of life, that would now morph because their DNA would respond to very different living natural conditions, that the builders of that spacecraft, would have brought life to a lifeless place, thus the human race has within itself the power of God.  This would also be what past ocean explorers did to Komoto island, when they released goats, so they could breed and there would be a food source for harvest when they returned.  The above process is in my opinion and Hawking’s as well, the only way that the human race can survive, because our planet and sun are just not a forever thing.  Thus either we leave, or we perish at some point, if the laws of cosmology are the same at the other side of the galaxy, and there are intelligent life forms there, they would have reached the same conclusion, from their understanding of the laws of physics.

As to your direct question, you might find a competent and clear answer from a creationist who is sure that they know everything, about everything, all the way back to the creation of everything. I do not have these answers, however as I have pointed out above, there is no logical reason that evolution caused by the DNA code process, could not adapt life to another planet, of which there are billions just like ours, though very far apart.

Look forward, create a future that is brighter than the past, is that not the goal of goodness and the message that we should be bringing to the universe?

Look forward, the future awaits and is bright for those who will foster the love of life everywhere.

So you say you believe in intelligent design but since you have no idea what role the designer plays it turns out to be meaningless

I have never said that I believe in ID, chiefly because some who do believe in ID, believe that God created the universe on day one, and finished the entire job a week later, I do not believe this, I also understand that evolution is real, and that it was in my opinion created, by a benevolent power.

Good, you now have at least admitted to the flaws in the Intelligen Design argument. Moreover it seems you are now conceding that Evolution is real. We are starting to make some progress.

But that will not get you off the hook, just yet.
Define this Benevolent Power and present supporting evidence and show how this relates to the exercise of Free Will in humans and not in non-human animals..

I have always said that evolution is real, however evolution is a function of DNA, therefor evolution which is a function of DNA could not predate the chemical code that creates it, this is accepted science, not gospel.

The moment that the human race deposits a genetically modified or natural species on a new world of any type, the human race becomes the creator of everything that will evolve on that world.  This is true, because we do not know what the God that created life here had to work with, that God may have done the same thing. 

have you ever noticed that exploration, also seems to be a built in feature of DNA, by land, sea or space, humanity is driven on into the cosmos in quest of a better place, and this is necessary to the continuance of life, because the Earth like all planets time is finite.

Signature 

When the Earth was first formed some 4.5 billion years ago, the Universe was already at least 8 billion years old, thus we are very young indeed.
Since DNA is now being used for binary code storage, does this mean that Windows 9 could be downloaded to your thumbs drive?
Think

Posted: 13 February 2015 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1083 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7918
Joined  2009-02-26

coral star,
I have always said that evolution is real, however evolution is a function of DNA, therefor evolution which is a function of DNA could not predate the chemical code that creates it, this is accepted science, not gospel.

Your view of evolution is much too narrow and that creates artificial restrictions.

evolution [ ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən ]

NOUN

1.the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

synonyms: Darwinism · natural selection

2.the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form:

“the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution”

synonyms: development · advancement · growth · rise · progress