Completion of Election
Posted: 02 November 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

My friends were commenting that they’d be happy next week when the election was finished and we knew who won. 

Sorry, but I don’t think it’ll be over until next January when the Supreme Court declares that having won the California and New York votes as well as those of 40 other states by their count, Romney is the president.  sick vampire LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Sigh…  sick I certainly hope not.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3182
Joined  2011-11-04

If that happens, Abigail, the Bronco Bama girl, will be scarred for life.  I won’t be feeling well, either.

Another possibility is that there will be an electoral tie, and that then, most likely Romney would become President and Biden, Vice President.

Or, if I have settled in the correct parallel universe, Obama will win outright, and life can go on as we know it.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 03 November 2012 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

Nate Silver has this at well over 80% probability for Obama, so I think this is pretty much closed. Not completely; something crazy could happen or the polling data could be systematically off. But it looks about as good as one could expect at this point for the President.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4836
Joined  2007-10-05

If the Ohio voting machines don’t miscount the vote again.  cool hmm

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19
TimB - 03 November 2012 03:30 PM

Or, if I have settled in the correct parallel universe, Obama will win outright, and life can go on as we know it.

Life could go on as we know it? Do you mean this in a good or bad way?

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  3194
Joined  2011-08-15

If the Ohio voting machines don’t miscount the vote again. 

Thank the goddess Fortuna this isn’t Fla. the problem here is that at least three counties are without power and voters may have to use flashlights to vote. I still don’t think this will stop the committed voters and early voting has helped. We voted Friday and so far this election has seen the largest turnout of early voters yet in our county. It may be close but I think Obama will take Ohio, especially after Romney’s jeep ad fiasco.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3182
Joined  2011-11-04
Cloak - 03 November 2012 05:53 PM
TimB - 03 November 2012 03:30 PM

Life could go on as we know it? Do you mean this in a good or bad way?

As good as it gets.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.