5 of 6
Romney and Republicans cheer climate change
Posted: 27 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-07-25

darrons- It does make a point. Not a big point….maybe an obvious point but a point is a start.

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4863
Joined  2007-10-05

And your point is?

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  3258
Joined  2011-08-15

That being a denier is pointless

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

let me restate my point….....climate science is not basic science. We do not know how to predict climate or weather. As long as it is a question which remains in the realm of science and scientists I am fine with ‘climate change’. When the non-scientists start waving their arms shouting about the droughts…no the flooding….the heat…errr…..make that the cooling and the heating…..ooohhh look at the big storm…more evidence…..I do not think that we have studied the climate system deep enough or for long enough to know what is REALLY going on. Scientists usually wait and see. Enviro-(non scientists)-mentalists want me to give up too much. You want to tax my exhalations !

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

I wonder how Micheal Mann and Andrew Weaver feel right about now?
Here are two prominent climate change pushers who are finally getting slapped in a court of law.
Why don’t you pull your well educated head out the one book that you are reading from and read about Dr. Tim Ball?
....and really capt jack…....nice addition to the thread ......

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
sine dues - 27 November 2012 11:30 AM

let me restate my point….....climate science is not basic science. We do not know how to predict climate or weather.

I’ve already shown you are wrong about that.

As long as it is a question which remains in the realm of science and scientists I am fine with ‘climate change’.

This is ironic coming from the person who dismissed James Hansen’s conclusions.

When the non-scientists start waving their arms shouting about the droughts…no the flooding….the heat…errr…..make that the cooling and the heating…..ooohhh look at the big storm…more evidence…..

So only scientists are allowed to discuss climate science? Nice try, but we need to get this discussion out to everyone if we are to make changes.

I do not think that we have studied the climate system deep enough or for long enough to know what is REALLY going on. Scientists usually wait and see. Enviro-(non scientists)-mentalists want me to give up too much. You want to tax my exhalations !

Yet computers models 30 years ago correctly predicted our current climate. Once again, you are wrong, as you have been about everything in this thread. And you end with another straw man argument.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 27 November 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  3258
Joined  2011-08-15

Thanks Sine, it took me all of 2 seconds to post it. Of course, you could read my references, those may take a little longer, oooooh.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
sine dues - 27 November 2012 11:39 AM

Here are two prominent climate change pushers who are finally getting slapped in a court of law.
Why don’t you pull your well educated head out the one book that you are reading from and read about Dr. Tim Ball?

FYI Mann has been a guest on Point of Inquiry. You might want to listen to the episode. The case against him was a clear example of political grandstanding and was thrown out of court.

As for Weaver, I have no idea what you’re talking about. All I can find on him is that he is suing a climate-change-denier for defamation.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

The computer models of the IPCC are very good if you tease the data and then refuse to let any one else analyse or even look at the raw data. That is not science….that is conflict resolution !

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

Micheal Mann ? the same one who falsely claimed to win a Nobel Prize ? Sounds like taking credit for someone else s work !

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
sine dues - 27 November 2012 12:10 PM

Micheal Mann ? the same one who falsely claimed to win a Nobel Prize ? Sounds like taking credit for someone else s work !

From Wiki:

As a scientist who had contributed substantially to the preparation of IPCC reports, Mann received a personalized certificate from the IPCC for “contributing to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC”. The certificate features a copy of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize diploma. The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded jointly in 2007 to the IPCC and to Al Gore, and these certificates were issued by the IPCC to coordinating lead authors, lead authors, review editors, Bureau members, staff of the technical support units and staff of the secretariat.

It might help to check your facts a little before posting.

And BTW, his name is spelled “Michael Mann”.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  2011-11-04
sine dues - 27 November 2012 11:30 AM

... You want to tax my exhalations !

Considering that you seem to be expelling an excess of hot air, it only seems fair. But I would have to lean to the side of not taxing your personal exhalations, as it might be in conflict with constitutionally protected free speech.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
sine dues - 27 November 2012 11:39 AM

If you’ve been reading up on Tim Ball… why do you like him?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Tim_Ball

DeSmogBlog articles on Tim Ball.
Climate of controversy,” Ottawa Citizen (Canada), May 18, 2006.
Richard Littlemore, “Tim Ball the first Canadian PhD in Climatology” and “Tim Ball’s Personal Climate Campaign Continues,” DeSmogBlog.com, June 15, 2006.
Tim Lambert, “What does Tim Ball mean by ‘to my knowledge’?” Deltoid (ScienceBlogs.com), July 5, 2006.
Kevin Grandia, “Dr. Tim Ball On CFC’s and the Sponsorhip Scandal”, DeSmogBlog.com, July 6, 2006.
S. Perisic, “A Climate of Convenient Truthiness. Dismantling the doubt-mongering journalism of corporate activists,” Guerrilla News Network, July 6, 2006.
Jim Hoggan, “Oil Companies Funding Friends of Science, Tim Ball takes the brunt,” DeSmogBlog, August 12, 2006.
Charles Montgomery, “Mr. Cool. Nurturing doubt about climate change is big business,” The Gobe and Mail (Canada) (CharlesMontgomery.ca), August 12, 2006.
Dawn Walton, “Climate-change critic sues paper, school, professor,” The Globe and Mail (Canada), September 14, 2006. Subscription or purchase required.
Richard Littlemore, “Tim Ball’s Statement of Claim - A Public Document”, DeSmogBlog.com, September 17, 2006.
Tim Lambert, “New Canadian Astroturf Group,” Deltoid (ScienceBlogs.com), October 13, 2006.
Richard Littlemore, “PR Guy Tim Ball in Love with Publicity? We Think Not,” DeSmogBlog.com, October 10, 2006.
mandot, “Debunking climate change and national security myths,” Daily Kos, October 10, 2006. Lead for article entitled “Climate of Convenient Truthiness”.
“Tim Ball vs Dan Johnson Lawsuit - Documents,” DeSmogBlog.com, October 13, 2006.
Eli Rabett, “Dan Johnson wins….or virtue rewarded….,” Rabett Run Blogspot, November 10, 2006.
Licia Corbella, “An inconvenient truth. The global climate impact of carbon monoxide levels is not known,” The Toronto Sun (Canada), November 23, 2006.
Richard Littlemore, “NRSP’s Tim Ball’s Delusions Now Include Paranoia,” DeSmogBlog, November 26, 2006.
Mitchell Anderson, “Trust us, we’re the media”, Straight.com (Canada), January 25, 2007.
Peter Gorrie, “Who’s still cool on global warming? Naysayers: From conservative bunkers, they plan on sowing enough doubt to derail action against drastic planetary damage done by human activity”, Toronto Star, January 28, 2007.
Canada Free Press retraction (cached), “Apology to Dr. Andrew Weaver”, Canada Free Press, January 20, 2011.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
dougsmith - 27 November 2012 12:05 PM

As for Weaver, I have no idea what you’re talking about. All I can find on him is that he is suing a climate-change-denier for defamation.

And guess who Weaver is suing: Tim Ball. Yes, the same Tim Ball sine dues kept throwing at me and CC showed is a dishonest crackpot.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-25

Well…..you guys are just too good. I concede. I am going back to shill for the big oil companies.

5 of 6