6 of 6
Romney and Republicans cheer climate change
Posted: 28 November 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05
sine dues - 28 November 2012 10:37 AM

Well…..you guys are just too good. I concede. I am going back to shill for the big oil companies.

It’s easy to be good when you have facts on your side.

Instead of going back to repeating the denier talking points you should think about where you are wrong and reconsider your opinions.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 29 November 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 28 November 2012 08:35 PM

Well…..you guys are just too good. I concede. I am going back to shill for the big oil companies.

What you gonna roll up your marbles and go home?
just when it was getting interesting?

Come on, I’m curious what is it about Tim Ball that impresses you.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 01 December 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-12-01
sine dues - 20 November 2012 07:12 AM

I call BS…show me some evidence ( not a weak climate model) that we are at a ‘tipping point’. Scaremongering I say….oh no…things might not look so bad…but wait what if we are at the tipping point where once reached we can never go back….never go back…..well where is your evidence for a tipping point ?

Sorry, but not everything we do is without dues.

The fact that arctic ice is retreating, is severely thinned, and that open water has a lower albedo really makes it clear that the process of melting arctic ice is a positive feedback system when it goes too far.  The fact that for the first time ever, the entire surface of the greenland ice sheet was shown to be melting (yes, slowly, but it’s the first time even for that) shows another potential problem.

Of course, if you look at the temperature history of the earth, it’s gone through tropical phases, iceball phases, and so on, and this kind of ancient history makes it clear that unremediable change can happen, has happened, and will happen again.

So, then, given the actual physical evidence, which is now legion, only a tiny bit of which I have pointed out here, how can you possibly have avoided the evidence?

[ Edited: 01 December 2012 04:07 PM by jj ]

Posted: 01 December 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  3328
Joined  2011-11-04
jj - 01 December 2012 02:35 PM
sine dues - 20 November 2012 07:12 AM

I call BS…show me some evidence ( not a weak climate model) that we are at a ‘tipping point’. Scaremongering I say….oh no…things might not look so bad…but wait what if we are at the tipping point where once reached we can never go back….never go back…..well where is your evidence for a tipping point ?

Sorry, but not everything we do is without dues.

The fact that arctic ice is retreating, is severely thinned, and that open water has a lower albedo really makes it clear that the process of melting arctic ice is a positive feedback system when it goes too far.  The fact that for the first time ever, the entire surface of the greenland ice sheet was shown to be melting (yes, slowly, but it’s the first time even for that) shows another potential problem.

Of course, if you look at the temperature history of the earth, it’s gone through tropical phases, iceball phases, and so on, and this kind of ancient history makes it clear that unremediable change can happen, has happened, and will happen again.

So, then, given the actual physical evidence, which is now legion, only a tiny bit of which I have pointed out here, how can you possibly have avoided the evidence?

I changed the word “chance” to “change” in the next to the last line, above, as that is what I think you meant to say.  If I am wrong, I apologize, in advance, and you can call me a dick.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 01 December 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2012-12-01

Hi, Dick! But you’re right. I typoed. smile

And fixed, thank you.

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

It doesn’t bug me that denialists, contrarians, “skeptics” disappear when their bold bs is called to task.

I just wish some of them might have learned something in the process.

My fear is that they run at the first sign of their own doubt.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 02 December 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Total Posts:  447
Joined  2012-02-02
citizenschallenge.pm - 02 December 2012 08:14 PM

It doesn’t bug me that denialists, contrarians, “skeptics” disappear when their bold bs is called to task.

I just wish some of them might have learned something in the process.

My fear is that they run at the first sign of their own doubt.

I would imagine that they just think, “Well, this person is a ‘true believer’ and I’ll never convince them, so I’m just going to let it drop.”

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

6 of 6