Smackdown Between Jesus and Peruvian Shamans for the 2012 Election!
Posted: 05 November 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2012-02-02

Tuesday!  Tuesday!  Tuesday!  Its a battle of the deities as Christians try to rally their God to select Mitt Romney as President, while Peruvian shaman use magic spells to try and make Barack Obama the winner!  Will prayer triumph over incense and maracas?  Tune in and find out!  (And remember, no matter who wins on Tuesday, be sure to remind your Christian friends that it was “God’s will” the election turned out the way it did.)

Wonder if Romney’s folks are going to have Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal performing exorcisms and other things to try and counteract the work of the Peruvians?

Posted: 05 November 2012 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  4455
Joined  2007-08-31

I like this comment (number 6) on the article.

No, I did not say “free will”!
Yes, you did.
No, I did not say “free will”!!
You did it again!

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 06 November 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11
Coldheart Tucker - 05 November 2012 09:05 PM

(And remember, no matter who wins on Tuesday, be sure to remind your Christian friends that it was “God’s will” the election turned out the way it did.)

No, they will say it was due to ‘Satanic’ interference! Then you remind them that ‘God’ is supposed to be ‘All Powerful”!! cool grin

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 November 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Well, according to the Malleus Maleficarum God is omnipotent and all bad things, even the works of demons and the devil, are allowed by God.  Why?  Who knows.  Kramer just sort of assumes that it’s part of His great plan.  To torture us, I guess.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 07 November 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  947
Joined  2005-01-14

Pat Robertson was saying yesterday on the 700 Club that “God is in control” of the election.  So it must be true.  Whoever wins must be because God wanted them to.

On a separate note, I recall Republicans making a lot of noise about “reaching across the aisle to get America moving again!”  Of course, that was when they assumed that Mr. Romney would be the winner.  Now we get to find out if that was all empty rhetoric or not!  When is a mandate not a mandate?

Posted: 07 November 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04

Maybe we should get the Peruvian Shamans to work on getting a democratic majority in the House or Reps, at the mid-term elections, and to work on getting the Supreme Court out of the hands of the right wing.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 08 November 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1757
Joined  2007-10-22
Dead Monky - 07 November 2012 09:44 AM

Well, according to the Malleus Maleficarum God is omnipotent and all bad things, even the works of demons and the devil, are allowed by God.  Why?  Who knows.  Kramer just sort of assumes that it’s part of His great plan.  To torture us, I guess.

Why? That’s easy; tha all knowing codger is bored out of his mind. confused

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 09 November 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26
garythehuman - 08 November 2012 03:16 PM

Why? That’s easy; tha all knowing codger is bored out of his mind. confused

I’ve long thought of old Yahweh as a kid with a magnifying glass perched over an ant hill.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 09 November 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  3104
Joined  2011-08-15

I’ve long thought of old Yahweh as a kid with a magnifying glass perched over an ant hill.

What the hell? Suddenly I’m feeling rather warm.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine