6 of 6
A Demographic Breakdown Of The World Of Religion
Posted: 24 November 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02
George - 23 November 2012 09:37 PM
Mriana - 23 November 2012 08:50 PM

I can’t make up something catchy about being mixed, but I have a hard time believing anyone is pure anything.  I think everyone is as mixed up as a Heinz 57.

I am 100% Northern European. Although I do share many genes with every other living human—but those genes originated before we separated into the five major races. I also share many genes with a cauliflower and a tulip.

Are you absolutely sure about that?  I wouldn’t be so sure given how the world is all mixed up, esp in the States, the UK, and other places that had slavery and rape of women they deemed less than the dominating culture.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 November 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02
George - 23 November 2012 10:40 PM

Of course, I am a human after all. But of the genes that are unique to the Negroid race, I have none. Neither do I have any genes that only the Asians, Amerindians, native Australians, Jews or Southern Europeans have.

I also forgot the American Indians they hauled off to other countries too and yes, they did haul off some.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 24 November 2012 07:23 AM
George - 23 November 2012 09:37 PM
Mriana - 23 November 2012 08:50 PM

I can’t make up something catchy about being mixed, but I have a hard time believing anyone is pure anything.  I think everyone is as mixed up as a Heinz 57.

I am 100% Northern European. Although I do share many genes with every other living human—but those genes originated before we separated into the five major races. I also share many genes with a cauliflower and a tulip.

Are you absolutely sure about that?  I wouldn’t be so sure given how the world is all mixed up, esp in the States, the UK, and other places that had slavery and rape of women they deemed less than the dominating culture.

Well, those were the results I got from 23andMe, after getting my DNA sequenced. From what I know, it is very accurate.

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I’m not interested in getting into this discussion, and while I may not agree with the arguments, most of them are at least logical on the surface, but, really George???

the genes that are unique to the Negroid race, I have none

If something is unique to a given set, it’s certainly impossible for it to exist in a set outside its uniqueness.  LOL

Occam

Yes, I know what you mean, George, but I loved seeing the way you expressed it.

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

So what is the word I should have used? I really don’t know…

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
George - 24 November 2012 01:15 PM

So what is the word I should have used? I really don’t know…

Anyway, just because you are lacking some genes that other races have, doesn’t make you a bad person. (I could have said that in a rhyme, but that was just a phase I was going through.)

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

I’ve often wondered about the sanity of my ancestors’ ancestors.  Way back when, somewhere in Africa, they looked about them and thought, “You know, this place is great and all, but maybe it’s a little too great.  Ya’ know?  I mean, sure.  It’s warm, there are plenty of game animals, food crops, and useful resources just strewn about the place, but I’m over it.  Let’s head north.  Let’s go to a land of snow and ice and barren, rocky ground where the sky is gray and it’s cold as a witch’s tit 8 months of the year.  That is our promised land.”  Baffles me.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
Dead Monky - 26 November 2012 09:24 AM

I’ve often wondered about the sanity of my ancestors’ ancestors.  Way back when, somewhere in Africa, they looked about them and thought, “You know, this place is great and all, but maybe it’s a little too great.  Ya’ know?  I mean, sure.  It’s warm, there are plenty of game animals, food crops, and useful resources just strewn about the place, but I’m over it.  Let’s head north.  Let’s go to a land of snow and ice and barren, rocky ground where the sky is gray and it’s cold as a witch’s tit 8 months of the year.  That is our promised land.”  Baffles me.

You would of have to been there.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

6 of 6