The Bible reexamined - Leviticus reinterpreted
Posted: 11 November 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4273
Joined  2010-08-15

My lady love shared something off Facebook this morning that I can’t seem to let go of, and it’s too late to retrieve it and give credit where credit is due, so I’ll take it for myself.
In any event, since new interpretations to old Biblical texts are such a hobby horse of mine   tongue wink
I feel compelled to share this with folks, I’m sure someone will appreciate it.  cheese
~ ~ ~

After the elections in Maryland, Maine… sanctioning gay marriages and also Colorado, Washington going and legalizing marijuana. . .

The Leviticus edict takes on an entirely new meaning:  “If a man lies with a man, they shall be stoned” !!!

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 11 November 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

tongue laugh ....and consensually so!!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 12 November 2012 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  6046
Joined  2009-02-26

The bible from a humanist perspective…..... cheese

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 12 November 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2680
Joined  2011-04-24

Maybe they had a concept of that, even back then???

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 12 November 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  6046
Joined  2009-02-26
mid atlantic - 12 November 2012 04:41 AM

Maybe they had a concept of that, even back then???

Well, they have had this incense and myrrh stuff around for a long time….. cheese

Where there is smoke, there is “fellowship”......

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 13 November 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Well, it’s definitely true of a guy I know.  He and his boyfriend smoke more pot than any two human beings I have ever known.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 13 November 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1764
Joined  2007-10-22
citizenschallenge.pm - 11 November 2012 11:53 AM

My lady love shared something off Facebook this morning that I can’t seem to let go of, and it’s too late to retrieve it and give credit where credit is due, so I’ll take it for myself.
In any event, since new interpretations to old Biblical texts are such a hobby horse of mine   tongue wink
I feel compelled to share this with folks, I’m sure someone will appreciate it.  cheese
~ ~ ~

After the elections in Maryland, Maine… sanctioning gay marriages and also Colorado, Washington going and legalizing marijuana. . .

The Leviticus edict takes on an entirely new meaning:  “If a man lies with a man, they shall be stoned” !!!

CC:

A book you may find interesting:  Bible Myths and their Paralllels in Other Religions Being a Comparison of the Old and New Testament.  by T.W. Doane.  I was able to down load it free from Kindle.

The following is an article from Buffalo News concerning climate change and what may be needed to adopt to it:  http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121112/OPINION/121119796

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2011-11-06

Leviticus 18:22 KJV: “Thou salt not lie with mankind as with with womankind”

That is okay, I don’t “lie” with womankind as I do mankind, because I only lie with men wink

———-

Levticus 20:13

“‘If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Oh that sounds like a peaceful, loving religion that I want to follow.

[ Edited: 19 November 2012 10:49 AM by FinallyDecided ]