2 of 2
Moral men and women will deny women equal rights.
Posted: 30 November 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

I take it then that you do not believe in the law of the sea where women and children are given the first seats in the life boats.

There is no such law, and in actual disasters, it seldom worked out that way in any event.

The Birkenhead and Titanic were notable exceptions to the rule of Women and Children last! (And only if they were fast enough and ruthless enough to overpower, and outsmart the men, particularly crewmembers.)

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 30 November 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 30 November 2012 11:02 AM

I take it then that you do not believe in the law of the sea where women and children are given the first seats in the life boats.

There is no such law, and in actual disasters, it seldom worked out that way in any event.

The Birkenhead and Titanic were notable exceptions to the rule of Women and Children last! (And only if they were fast enough and ruthless enough to overpower, and outsmart the men, particularly crewmembers.)

I guess that Captain Cowards fan club will be quite large then.

I just hope that few Canadians join it.
I guess that is just my pride in being Canadian that does not want to take a beating.

Regards
DL

Posted: 30 November 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

I guess that Captain Cowards fan club will be quite large then.

Yep…it is.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

2 of 2