Good afternoon from Portland, Oregon!
Posted: 14 November 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-14

Hello Everyone,

My name is Korey. I’m 24, and like to study physics, astronomy, chemistry, math, and electronics in my past time. As well as grab a beer and bite to eat if someone is up for it. I feel that a lot of the people in my generation don’t have the same drive to discover that I do, and so I’ve been looking for a group of individuals to share ideas with. I absolutely love science, and would like to be around more people that have the same passions I do.

I’m not too shy to talk about any topic, so anything is welcome in the conversation. I consider myself to also have an open mind, so while I might question you, but I do not mean to insult anyone in any way and just wish to inquire further. I’m just someone who wants to learn as much as they can, and share my knowledge if possible. I look forward to getting more active in the community, and hopefully speaking with more of you!

-Korey

Posted: 14 November 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome, Korey. I’m an amateur astronomer so we have something in common. Looking forward to discussing things with you. You might get a little laugh at arielmessenger’s post about the Big Crunch theory.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 14 November 2012 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4574
Joined  2007-08-31
koeiche - 14 November 2012 01:37 PM

My name is Korey. I’m 24, and like to study physics, astronomy, chemistry, math, and electronics in my past time. As well as grab a beer and bite to eat if someone is up for it. I feel that a lot of the people in my generation don’t have the same drive to discover that I do, and so I’ve been looking for a group of individuals to share ideas with. I absolutely love science, and would like to be around more people that have the same passions I do.

Ah, there you name a few of my greatest interests too. When I go to bed, and have a last glance at the stars, my night is better; when I go to work, and I see Venus, Jupiter and a small crescent of the moon in the dark blue sky in the east, my day will be better. Understanding how this all moves and works just adds to the beauty of it.

Watch out for absolute love: love makes blind…

koeiche - 14 November 2012 01:37 PM

I consider myself to also have an open mind, so while I might question you, but I do not mean to insult anyone in any way and just wish to inquire further. I’m just someone who wants to learn as much as they can, and share my knowledge if possible. I look forward to getting more active in the community, and hopefully speaking with more of you!

Yeah, trying to understand even the funniest people can be interesting. Really trying to understand even the religious people may help to reveal the inconsistencies in their thoughts to themselves. Insulting never works.

Welcome here!

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”