1 of 2
Big Foot DNA found?
Posted: 26 November 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3156
Joined  2011-08-15

Dr. Melba Ketchum and her team claim to have found the DNA of a new type of hominin neither Neanderthal nor Denisovan that may be from the legendary Big Foot. caught this on the John Hawks site. He reserves judgement until the proof is made public.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/11/prweb10166775.htm

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 26 November 2012 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05

I’m reserving judgment too. I hope they have better evidence than a gorilla suit.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04

Cool.  They are advocating Human Rights for Sasquatch.  A previously unknown hominim species male interbred with a homosapien female and produced a novel hairy human species with big feet that can remain virtually undetected in a world heavily populated with homosapiens. That is so interesting that I may reserve judgement until it is disproven.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Total Posts:  1774
Joined  2011-11-04
Cool.  They are advocating Human Rights for Sasquatch.  A previously unknown hominim species male interbred with a homosapien female and produced a novel hairy human species with big feet that can remain virtually undetected in a world heavily populated with homosapiens. That is so interesting that I may reserve judgement until it is disproven.

That’s the part that concerns me the most, I mean what self respecting Homo Sapiens female wants to hang out with a hairy hominin with big feet? Could this have been the earliest incident of kidnapping and rape in the Western Hemisphere? This really sounds fishy but included it because it came from a reputable paleoanthropoligist.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

So far, I’m calling bullshit.  I have serious doubts about this.  My first problem is that she’s announcing all this before the peer reviews are done.  That’s never a good sign.  And where the hell did they get their “sasquatch” DNA from?

Just read this.  He’s a little less than charitable toward this claim.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05

Nice find, DM.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

And there you have it! Conclusive proof that Big Foots (feet?) survive on bagels! Wondered how she found the DNA when there hasn’t been one verifiable shred of evidence produced to back the claim. Well, that’s why I posted it in the paranormal site. What’s next, angel DNA? Wait a minute… . BTW I’m sure Hawks was being facetious when he mentioned it on his site.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

The hair samples reportedly came from a garbage bin, from which a woman reported seeing the creature carry off a couple of garbage sacks. (From his alledged ancestor’s suggested proclivities, perhaps she is lucky that he didn’t carry her off.)

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Total Posts:  1785
Joined  2011-11-04
The hair samples reportedly came from a garbage bin, from which a woman reported seeing the creature carry off a couple of garbage sacks. (From his alledged ancestor’s suggested proclivities, perhaps she is lucky that he didn’t carry her off.)

Interesting hypothesis. Maybe he did, she falls for the strong hairy type, they have coitus and Bigfoot is born! Question for any and all: why have there been NO sightings of Bigfoot in Hawaii? I’m not introing a joke, out of the 50 States Hawaii is the only one to have no recorded bigfoot sightings. None! Why?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 27 November 2012 01:14 PM

Total Posts:  1785
Joined  2011-11-04

Interesting hypothesis. Maybe he did, she falls for the strong hairy type, they have coitus and Bigfoot is born! Question for any and all: why have there been NO sightings of Bigfoot in Hawaii? I’m not introing a joke, out of the 50 States Hawaii is the only one to have no recorded bigfoot sightings. None! Why?

Cap’t Jack

They refuse to cross the open ocean, as there’s no place to hide. (BTW, I am joking.)

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2188
Joined  2007-04-26
Thevillageatheist - 26 November 2012 05:55 PM

Dr. Melba Ketchum and her team claim to have found the DNA of a new type of hominin neither Neanderthal nor Denisovan that may be from the legendary Big Foot. caught this on the John Hawks site. He reserves judgement until the proof is made public.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/11/prweb10166775.htm

Cap’t Jack

Why did they announce this before the peer review had been completed and a paper published?? Sounds a bit shady.

Anyone want to put odds on this clearing peer review and on the chances that these guys will let someone else independently test their sample and that they will come up with the same results? Not likely to happen.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 27 November 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 27 November 2012 01:14 PM

... out of the 50 States Hawaii is the only one to have no recorded bigfoot sightings. None! Why?

Cap’t Jack

I just uncovered another possible explanation, though I can’t wait until it is peer-reviewed to release it.  If the Sasquatch ever lived in Hawaii, they were likely wiped out by the Menehune.

“the menehune are claimed to be two to three feet tall, stout and muscular with hairy, dark or dark-red skin, large eyes and long eyebrows, a protruding brow, very long hair on their heads, a short thick nose, sharp ears, a small mouth, broad shoulders, and a round stomach. Living in forest caves and emerging mainly at night, they speak via a series of deep growls or whispers but are allegedly able to communicate telepathically too, and are even believed capable of learning human languages.”

They are most sighted these days on Kahuai.  (That’s a nice place. Puff the Magic Dragon was invented there, as well.)

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

They are most sighted these days on Kahuai.  (That’s a nice place. Puff the Magic Dragon was invented there, as well.)

Hells bells, that clinches it. Now EVERY state has hairy creature. Bigfoot can call them minimes! Just goes to show ya that all human brains are capable of creating hairy monsters worldwide. What will we think of next? I was kind of hoping that the Hawaiians hadn’t delved into cryptozoology due to isolation but it seems that we can dream up monsters no matter where we are, even in space (ex. The movie Apollo 18, it really sucked too) . Thanks for the info Tim even though it was disappointing. Really thought I was on to something there.

Cap’t Jacj

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 27 November 2012 03:39 PM

Hells bells, that clinches it. Now EVERY state has hairy creature. Bigfoot can call them minimes! Just goes to show ya that all human brains are capable of creating hairy monsters worldwide. What will we think of next? I was kind of hoping that the Hawaiians hadn’t delved into cryptozoology due to isolation but it seems that we can dream up monsters no matter where we are, even in space (ex. The movie Apollo 18, it really sucked too) . Thanks for the info Tim even though it was disappointing. Really thought I was on to something there.

Cap’t Jacj

Hey, you know how the last surviving Mammoths, were miniature versions on an island somewhere?  Maybe the menehunes are just an an evolved miniature of Sasquatch.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Hey, you know how the last surviving Mammoths, were miniature versions on an island somewhere?  Maybe the menehunes are just an an evolved miniature of Sasquatch.

Hmmm, could be except the Mammoths were in Wrangel Island in the Arctic, but they could have floated to Hawaii on driftwood through the Bering Straits, no half a mo, there was still a land bridge I believe so they walked! Yeah, that’s the ticket!  And another legend is born to be told and retold around the campfire. Success. Our work here is done. After all notice the similarity, menehune-mammoth. proving conclusively that Indo-Europeans actually talked to mammoths and founded Hawaii and were one of the list tribes of mormon. Ah ha! Mormon-mammoth. I think we’re on to something here.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 November 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Now if we could just somehow implant references to mormon-mammoths into the ancient tales of the various tribes of Native Americans…

Signature 

1 of 2