4 of 4
Surprisingly, I need some help
Posted: 27 November 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2012-11-26

1) Crazy is not an actual mental illness.
2) Out of curiosity as I fail to recall, when did I interact with them in the past less than 24 hours?

Exclusion Criterion #7: Seeing/hearing things and/or bad memory.

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29

Sorry, game over.

Posted: 27 November 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

downer

Anyway, one from before.

Exclusion Criterion #8: Being too smart.

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
MMMasturbator - 26 November 2012 10:46 PM

Which got me thinking a little.

Exclusion Criterion #1: Believing you reproduce to pass on your genes. Crude, but hopefully the gist is conveyed. There’s a treasure-trove of stuff that can be compiled with respect to evolution. Tangential, but I even read something written by PhDs that sought to explain entrenched conservative resistance to accepting anthropogenic global warming in terms of self-interest with respect to social environment. Good luck with that.

I’m not too big a fan of some of the Asian polymaths either.

What’s wrong with asian polymaths? I might fit your criteria if not for this

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

I did write only “some”. Didn’t want to generalize too much.

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Joined  2009-05-10

what are you looking for? a discussion on religion with a certain kind of atheist?

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

Not in the least. I’m looking for someone who has a path of connection or is affiliated with a college or university that can deal with big questions and big picture stuff. In addition, that person would have to not be an asshat and thus probably someone of significant intelligence. Good thing to have explicit I guess.

Basically, mine is a crank’s dream. Was thinking of starting a “Get some Crank in your System” thread but my sock-puppets have been getting slaughtered on the spot so here I am at a new place with a new approach. Here’s a fair example I think:

x > Michael Shermer

chance [probably]< decent, but certainly not minuscule I would hope

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

It’s a tough world to be crazy in. Damn bastards should probably start asking directly whether you sleep over five hours a night as an initial filter, one of many. Would make things clearer and increase both the quality and duration of the beauty-sleep of people like me. Winners do amuse me though, so there’s that. Many a right-wing commentator and not awfully bright left-wing degree holder have put a smile on my face. I’d like to put one on theirs.

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

Inclusion Criterion #6: You have better things to be proud of than how many hours you “work” or how many hours of sleep you lose.

Inclusion Criterion #7: Not dumb.

Inclusion Criterion #8: You wish ill on speed-readers. On speed-doers too unless they know what they’re doing. No exceptions for speed-readers though.

Exclusion Criterion #9: You’d be proud to appear on TV in front of a library of books in the background. The thicker the better.

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Joined  2009-05-10
MMMasturbator - 27 November 2012 06:08 PM

Not in the least. I’m looking for someone who has a path of connection or is affiliated with a college or university that can deal with big questions and big picture stuff.

what for, though? sorry, i haven’t been active on these forums recently, so i’m not in step with all the latest threads

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

Nothing esoteric really. I’ll actually send you a PM with two paragraphs and see whether that elicits interest. Mind telling me just the very basic about who you are?

Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24
MMMasturbator - 27 November 2012 06:20 PM

It’s a tough world to be crazy in. Damn bastards should probably start asking directly whether you sleep over five hours a night as an initial filter, one of many. Would make things clearer and increase both the quality and duration of the beauty-sleep of people like me. Winners do amuse me though, so there’s that. Many a right-wing commentator and not awfully bright left-wing degree holder have put a smile on my face. I’d like to put one on theirs.

You’ve got to start making sense soon.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 27 November 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-11-26

I would’ve done another exclusion criterion but figured it’d focus too much on me. Perhaps that post is more useful in a different way. Well…

Exclusion Criterion #10: Rocket scientist who on the side has been pondering world peace for a few decades, e.g. Edward Witten (who has modestly stated that he’s been studying conflict in the Middle East with an “amateur passion”). I’m interested in professionals.

[ Edited: 27 November 2012 08:26 PM by BannedManReading ]
 Signature 

His palm.

Posted: 29 November 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Joined  2009-05-10

I’m a software engineer and asian polymath

Signature 

4 of 4