2 of 2
Subject:  Old Man
Posted: 28 November 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

Hello my pals, thanks for the input.

You old timers know how I am, I love to share stuff, I come across a cool story, or image, or idea and I’m wanting to share it with others, links and all.
For better or worse that’s how I am.

When I read the first PM, I didn’t see anything threatening or rude in it.
The same for the second PM.

But, the thing is, I’m not going to engage in a personal correspondence with someone I don’t know. 

I figure if you can’t write it to me in front of my friends
and your peers,
I don’t care to hear it. 

And if you send me a PM it will be shared.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BTW/MMM/WTF
smirk

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2012-04-25
mid atlantic - 28 November 2012 06:00 PM
CuthbertJ - 28 November 2012 11:06 AM

Folks don’t fall for these lurkers, BannedManReading, MMMasturbator, etc.  Most likely they are conservative posters trying to make CFI look bad. It’s a known tactic.  There are think tanks out there that pay these losers to post ridiculous crap on liberal leaning sites.  The purpose being that others doing google searches will bring up CFI when searching on words like torture, masturbation, you name it.  That’s how low conservatives have sunk.

That’s a rather far out possibility.

It’s more likely just some random neckbeard with no life.

Not farout out at all.  Various conservative groups do do this. They even have teams of people who are paid to actively rewrite Wikipedia entries to spin things with a conservative outlook or to denigrate topics that might have a “liberal bias” like evolution, etc.

Posted: 29 November 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04
CuthbertJ - 29 November 2012 12:06 PM

Folks don’t fall for these lurkers, BannedManReading, MMMasturbator, etc.  Most likely they are conservative posters trying to make CFI look bad. It’s a known tactic.  There are think tanks out there that pay these losers to post ridiculous crap on liberal leaning sites.  The purpose being that others doing google searches will bring up CFI when searching on words like torture, masturbation, you name it.  That’s how low conservatives have sunk.

Not farout out at all.  Various conservative groups do do this. They even have teams of people who are paid to actively rewrite Wikipedia entries to spin things with a conservative outlook or to denigrate topics that might have a “liberal bias” like evolution, etc.

Perhaps so, but that doesn’t appear (to me) be what’s going on in these particular cases cited.

BTW, I had to look up “neckbeard”, and am now concerned that I am becoming one.  Hopefully it doesn’t mean that I will also become more prone to insulting other posters.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 29 November 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2591
Joined  2011-04-24
TimB - 29 November 2012 01:37 PM
CuthbertJ - 29 November 2012 12:06 PM

Perhaps so, but that doesn’t appear (to me) be what’s going on in these particular cases cited.

BTW, I had to look up “neckbeard”, and am now concerned that I am becoming one.  Hopefully it doesn’t mean that I will also become more prone to insulting other posters.

LOL I doubt it, you already contribute to society and this forum, so you’re immune from “neckbeardery!”

MMM on the other hand…..

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 30 November 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2006-11-27

CuthbertJ, Nothing surprises me so your statement about malicious postings may well be correct, but could you provide some sources?  I’m curious about the culture and attitudes that would generate that kind of trolling.

Signature 

If we’re not laughing, they’re winning.

Posted: 30 November 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2012-04-25

Google “conservative trolls paid”.  There’s also a phenomenon I think refered to as “equivalence” or something like that. It’s where when some pundit points out the Left/Right is doing X, another pundit points out that Right/Left is ALSO doing X. So it makes it seem as though both groups are equally guilty.  The Cons are great at this. A Liberal will point out that 1000 cons are doing X, then the Con pundit will point out that she knows of 1 Liberal who does it too, so therefore both Liberals and Cons are guilty, therefore it’s not JUST Cons. And so I’ve heard this on various talk shows about these paid trolls.

Posted: 30 November 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04

If I were going to pay someone to do this sort of thing, it would be someone like Brian (who has the Charlie Brown avatar), as he clearly has the intelligence, clarity of thought, and refined debating skills to do it effectively.  (I’m not suggesting that Brian was a paid troll, rather that I would think it would need to be someone of his quality to get money for doing it.)

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

2 of 2