4 of 4
Wil video games improve brain function?
Posted: 10 December 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

I saw a little of one episode.  Bunch of nutters. 

And yeah, we have a lot of the “Go whitey!” types here.  Especially in the Thumb and pretty much everywhere north of Claire.  I suppose you get the same in every impoverished, rural region.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  3153
Joined  2011-08-15

I saw a little of one episode.  Bunch of nutters. 

And yeah, we have a lot of the “Go whitey!” types here.  Especially in the Thumb and pretty much everywhere north of Claire.  I suppose you get the same in every impoverished, rural region.

Oh yes, we live here in the reddest part of Ohio and just across the river from West Virginia. One of her senators is attempting to block a new reality show called “Buckwild”. It portrays teens who do stupid redneck things with ATVs and such. Lots of hillside trailers, toothless backwoodsers, and uncle dad and aint mom. But as he aptly points out, that’s only common in isolated areas. It perpetuates a stereotype that’s been around since the 1870’s; you know, the feuds. Not true today. Now they kill each other over drugs.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

There are a lot of those types up by my dad’s place.  From watching the folks around there I noticed that all the stereotypical and idiotic redneck behavior seems to mostly come from boredom.  They’re poor, there’s nothing to do, so they use what money they have to buy drugs, drink, and hump.  It’s hilarious, pathetic, and depressing all at the same time.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

4 of 4